Home

This is a Remington Custom Shop KS in 270 Winchester. It is not a short mag. The rifle is a Mountain Rifle and lightweight. It weighs 6 pounds, 5 ounces. I am the second owner of this rifle. According to Remington it was made in 1993. It has the parkerized type finish on the metal and at that time this rifle was built by the custom shop the stocks for the KS rifles were made by McMillan. (An email to McMillan to verify what the Remington people told me was never answered.) It is in excellent condition with just a few minor marks from being hunted. This is a Kevlar stocked rifle.

This rifle was threaded for a muzzle break but does not have the muzzle break with it. The thread protector is on the rifle. One drop of blue LockTite makes sure it will not come off unless you want to take it off. For some unknown reason the factory recoil pad has been trimmed. The action is super smooth and it is very accurate. $1100 shipped to the lower 48 from an individual to your receiving FFL.

My limited computer abilities prevented me from loading pictures. I have plenty of them available. If you are interested please PM me your email address and I will get them right out to you. $1100.00 including shipping in the lower 47.

If you take the action out of the stock, "McMillan" may be stamped in the barrel channel. Does the serial # start with an "S"?

I'll PM for pics and post them for you.

Barrel length?
That's a great price! Shouldn't last long here on the Fire!
Pm sent

To RedRockHunter: The barrel measures 23 inches from the tip of the thread protector to where it is screwed into the action.

Several people have been generous enough to offer to post pictures for me. I have sent some pictures to one of them. Hopefully the pictures will be posted this morning. Thanks for all of the nice offers to post them for me.

All PM's responded to except for one whose email keeps bouncing.
Busy this am but hrre they are.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So is it stainless with cerakote (s prefix)?

Did you verify if McMillan is stamped in the barrel channel?
Thank you for posting the pictures.

As for your questions, I do not think the rifle is stainless since Remington did not say anything about it. My guess is the rifle is blued with the Remington version of cerakote. Whatever it is has held up well.

This afternoon I removed the stock from the action. As far
as I could tell there was nothing saying McMillan in there.
If that name was in the barrel channel, it could
possibly be covered by bedding compound.

If the stock is not McMillan it should be Brown Precision which I like better than McMillan.
Looks like a McMillan. What is the SN prefix? Should be a letter.

I've had my share of these and still own a couple. None of mine have or had McMillan or stamped M in the barrel channel. (Oldest was a 2002 version)

From my experience, the subtle texture in the stock is a good indicator that it's a McMillan.

And, IIRC, the original KS with the Brown Precision stock was accompanied by a gloss-blued finish on the gun metal. (if all original)

If I was buying this one based solely on the photo, I'd be quite comfortable that I was getting the parkerized KS in a McMillan stock. OMMV. smile

Originally Posted by SKane
I've had my share of these and still own a couple. None of mine have or had McMillan or stamped M in the barrel channel. (Oldest was a 2002 version)

From my experience, the subtle texture in the stock is a good indicator that it's a McMillan.

And, IIRC, the original KS with the Brown Precision stock was accompanied by a gloss-blued finish on the gun metal. (if all original)

If I was buying this one based solely on the photo, I'd be quite comfortable that I was getting the parkerized KS in a McMillan stock. OMMV. smile

Scott, my KS .280 is from 1992, has a Brown Precision stock and the parkerized finish like this one. Bump for a one of the best mostly factory rifles ever built.
Well, there goes that theory. laugh

257heaven asked "Looks like a McMillan. What is the SN prefix? Should be a letter."

Serial number starts with a "C"
Originally Posted by SKane
Well, there goes that theory. laugh

I have a 90-ish LH 700 FS ("fiberglass stock') rifle...brown precision stock, parkerized finish.
It looks identical in every way to this fine KS offering.

I also thought that the KS series had a blued finish and browns stock. My last early nineties KS was exactly that.
And it had a jeweled bolt, I thought only the FS (and RS--rynite stock) had the matte black bolt...

I guess 'custom shop' means that all bets are off.
Same here - this is an FS stock from Brown Precision. It's left handed so doesn't have a cheekpiece.

Notice the subtle difference in the fluting of the comb, the one for sale is sharper. Also notice the texture - the Brown uses a sort of splatter spray paint but the texture seems a bit softer than the one for sale.

You might try weighing the stock by itself. A Brown long action would weigh around 22-24 ounces while the McMillan would weigh closer to 28 or more.

I've owned four Brown stocks and they all have these features in common, so it tends to lend credence that the stock on the rifle for sale is a McMillan. Either way they are both quality stocks so it's not like someone would end up with a flimsy POS.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sorry to butt in on your ad, I usually mind my own business but thought this might help.

Free bump, btw. wink
Great observation!^^^
I have the identical rifle, Parkerized finish and .270. I bought it January 1991, so assume it is 1990 production. If Remington ever made anything better, they kept it a secret.
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Did Remington ever make a KS in stainless that was parkerized or coated from factory?
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Did Remington ever make a KS in stainless that was parkerized or coated from factory?

No, they made a AWR I believe that was a KS with a teflon finish

Bump
Bump
What is the balance point on this rifle?

Sorry for the very slow reply. I was at the UGA game Saturday and am just now checking my emails and posting for responses.

The balance point is on the front action screw. That was done with a scope on the rifle.

weekend bump
bump
Seriously surprised this is still here...
yep...
This rifle for $1100 bucks is a no brainer. Bump.
Heres a thread about my KS LH 280 Remington the tell on mine is the small letters on barrel different than other Remingtons.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7802319/Re:_places_to_find_used_LH_rif#Post7802319
Tag
To the top
bump
Back from out West bump
Bump
Please call me.
501-920-2559

Nathan
Why has this not been purchased yet?

Good question. No answer here. ?????
I know of at least one guy that made you a very good offer. grin

Bump for a good guy and a nice rifle.