Home
New Haven manufactured Winchester Model 70.

.243 Winchester
Walnut, Stainless Steel
CRF action
Featherweight barrel profile
Recessed Crown
One piece bottom metal
Nice factory, featherweight walnut stock, schnable forearm, rich darker finish which contrasts nicely with the stainless.
Decelerator pad
Leupold rings and bases included.

Purchased used by me, but it looked unfired. I can't find a scratch on it, but let's pretend there is one somewhere. wink I have shot about 25 rounds personally; my first handloads were getting 1.1" at 100yds with zero experimentation. That was with one brand of bullet and one powder, at a starting load recipe. I would be amazed if you couldn't get it under an inch with just little trying, but 1.1 out of the box is plenty for a .243 IMO.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

$1000 , shipped and insured to your FFL from me. If your FFL requires it be sent from an FFL, their may be a slight fee as I will need to see how much my FFL would charge for that service. Any local taxes, fees, bribes, gifts for your wife or SO are the sole responsibility of the buyer. If you are so unfortunate to live in a Democrat controlled state with unconstitutional firearm laws, you have my heartfelt sympathies. I am willing to work with you and your FFL if feasible.

If you need any additional pictures, feel free to PM and ask what you specifically would like to see.

Bought it on a whim, but just don't have a real need for it.

smile
PMs answered.

smile
have the same in .308 Bump for an awesome gun
thx for the kind words
Very nice rifle. I guess I'll ask this before 79s does. How many digits in the serial #???
I'm guessing seven (based on the bolt shroud and the receiver markings)...
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Very nice rifle. I guess I'll ask this before 79s does. How many digits in the serial #???

I'll have to check tonight.

been looking for one of these forever, and of course it had to come up when I'm broke!
This is a nice one with the extended bolt shroud that actually blocks the left raceway.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
This is a nice one with the extended bolt shroud that actually blocks the left raceway.

Also should have a Williams machined extractor, unlike those 5 or 6 digit Classics! grin If I didn't already have one exactly like this one, it would be mine!
Yup, seven digit SN

Originally Posted by mudstud

Also should have a Williams machined extractor, unlike those 5 or 6 digit Classics! grin If I didn't already have one exactly like this one, it would be mine!

Hmmm...is there some way to confirm the good extractor?
I have on of these in a 270 and it might be better than my other 6 I have. Good gun someone buy this.
Originally Posted by mudstud

Hmmm...is there some way to confirm the good extractor?

The cast extractors found on 5 and 6 digit Classics, and early 7 digit Classics generally have two hash marks on the nose of the extractor, while the machined extractors do not. Further more, the machined extractors look like they are machined. I've looked at many of them, and they are easy to differentiate, once you've seen both types.

Different models introduced various upgrades at different times, so each rifle needs to be evaluated individually, but this .243 is a later production model and should have every upgrade introduced before production ended in 2006. These would include, as the OP mentioned, one-piece bottom metal, recessed target crown, as well as the gas flange on the left side of the bolt shroud, the Williams machined extractor, and the cushy Pachmayr type recoil pad. Darn nice rifle!
smile
Treat yourself to a nice rifle.
The trick is getting to use it and not your wife.

smile
You want it.

You know you do.

Nicest NH Winchester you will see outside the custom shop.

smile
My poor little rifle feels unloved.

Still for sale.

wink
Originally Posted by duckear
My poor little rifle feels unloved.

Still for sale.

wink

Not unloved at all. Buys tend to slow down at this time of year, but leave it up and someone's resistance will break. I cannot tell you how often I let something like this get away –– to my lasting regret. frown
Friday night bump.
What better to spend this weeks overtime pay on?

smile
All PMs answered, still for sale.
Up.

These are beautiful rifles! I always go check them out in the gun library at cabelas

Good luck!
Up again.

smile
smile
I can't believe this one is still here.
I hope everyone had as nice a Thanksgiving as I did.

smile
Going back in the safe pretty soon.

Christmas bump

Going...going.......
Gone. I'll take it...
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Gone. I'll take it...

SPF

smile

© 24hourcampfire