Home
Posted By: Diablero Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/22/15
I talked to several people here a couple weeks ago about selling my Finnwolf .243. I've decided to keep it. However if somebody is interested in a .308 this looks like a sweet deal. Cheap for a Finnwolf and a good scope. $600 and he will ship. Thought I would pass it along. These rifles don't come along that often.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/4881652/bend-oregon-rifles-for-sale--sako-finnwolf-vl63-308
Posted By: Levers Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/22/15
Looks like a steal but Armslist has a reputation for scams so proceed carefully.
I'd be wary of that one unless you can pick it up in person. Looks like it has a dealer price tag on it but the listing says it's from a private party. That would lead me to believe it's a stolen photo being used by a scammer.
I got scammed for $500 on Armslist last month. I would run in the opposite direction.
Run the other way - most of items sold on ARMSLIST are scams. They take listing from other sites like GB, or Guns America and try to scam someone into sending money. I would NEVER buy anything listed there.

In fact here is your gun as it was listed on GB.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=502331625
I've bought 3 on Armslist and had no trouble. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Yes always proceed with caution. Just as I do here at the campfire or any other website. Remember this is the internet.
Posted By: Tim50 Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/22/15
Armslist is a cesspool! I will only deal with face to face on that site! TOO many scams there!
Find a member here who is willing to get eyes on. I've done that before and have found out real fast some are scams and some are legit.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/22/15
That rifle sold for $1300 11 days ago on Gunbroker. ONLY way I'd buy off Armslist is face to face. (which I have done)

You can "flag" an item on Armslist as a scam, which everyone who's read this should do. There is a tab just above the "contact seller" button.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/22/15

I love Armslist….
This is/ was a scam.
Ain't for puppies!
Posted By: Levers Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/23/15
I inquired about it. Here's the contact info they sent back.

Roanna Beckles.
800 Cook RD 318,
Houston 77072
Make it a priority mail so I can have a tracking number and email me in here your shipping info, let me know once it is done, also here is my phone number where you can send text for quick response, text only please (331) 551-8702.
I always pretend I am very local to where they say they are and ask for a face to face deal. That roots out the mail order scammers pretty quick.
The ad says the rifle is in Oregon and now its Houston Texas with an Illinois phone number and it was sold 12 days ago on Gunbroker for $1300...Something is not right for sure...
Posted By: Brucie Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/23/15
I call it the SCAM LIST... Most of them scammers are NOT registered,,,,,, and most of them are pee colored ......

I'm still not sure it is a scam. These are the emails I have had with him. Everyone that knows Sakos knows they have to be stamped Beretta to be pre-Garcia...

You can verify the stamp on the bottom of the barrel that says "Imported by Beretta" this would make it Pre-Garcia...thanks again

It does have the Beretta stamp? Confirm and we can make arrangements...

Thanks Kirk

I just let you know of that in my last two mails, it does have it.
Iv asked about the Finnwolf thats on Gun Broker with the custom lefty stock, 3 days ago i asked about the small tang cracks, asked for a pic of them still not heard from the seller, and the pics are not good with alot of dust on the rifle. wondering if any others have asked about this one>
It would be bofors to be pre garcia and by the serial # on this rifle it would be a Garcia

I offered to send cash if he will ship it directly to me at home. He said he will do that. I should buy this, it sounds really good...
Posted By: JoelJK Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/24/15
Awhile back I found a great deal that I could not locate any warning signs of a scam. It was out of state. As soon as the seller sent me payment info I e-mailed that work was sending me there in a couple of days and I would do a ftf. Seller would not contact me after that. Later found the same pics on three different sites in three different states.
Posted By: JoelJK Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/24/15
Just send the money to me. When I blow it I will send you pics so at least you will get something. You prefer blonds or redheads?
How much was his price the 600.00 was a auction price i thought?
I honestly don't know how far I will go with this. This guy is a Moron. I have been pimping him for quite awhile and he thinks I am going to send him money.

I asked him specifically if it had the Beretta stamp on the bottom of the barrel to verify it was Pre-Garcia and he said it did. There is no such stamp on any Sako. He obviously doesn't have it in his possession besides selling it for less than half of it's worth.

I may get his address and send him some Monopoly money just for fun. It can only cost a stamp...
Posted By: Fotis Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/24/15
Good. Freaking azz wipes ruin it
send him a padded envelope full of glitter
Originally Posted by InternetGuru
send him a padded envelope full of glitter

Great idea, if there is a better one, let me know. Maybe we can have a Campfire "get the best of a crook" rally and send this guy something he won't soon forget...
Posted By: Levers Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/24/15
He has been diligent in following up with me on sending payment. Seems very detail oriented. If he can find that Beretta marking, he can find anything. It is quite hard to see.

You could try and send the Monopoly money postage due so he has to work to get it.
Send him a box of crap, literally.
This guy is relentless. He wants a Walmart money gram. I told him there wasn't a Walmart close by. I gave him my shipping address as 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. and he still hasn't caught on.

This could be fun..
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/25/15

Not a good idea to respond to a suspected scammer as they will have your E Mail.
When you request info through Armslist , the seller / scammer has to respond through Armslist. When one responds through own E Mail seller/ scammer has your addy.

Please , don't think I really care.

Have your fun.

I play with them also, ( scammers that is), however , I use a E Mail that cannot be replied to.
Posted By: Levers Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/25/15
You might ask him to email a copy of his driver's license as you're ready to mail the check but want to make sure you are spelling his name right.
Posted By: micky Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 11/25/15
how about these guys? http://poopsenders.com
Posted By: Levers Re: Sako Finnwolf .308 Cheap... - 12/23/15
So, today, about a month after I responded to the ad, Armslist sent me an email telling me that the ad was a scam. Now, I'm not sure if I'll ever get the cash I sent him back. I was hoping the gun would arrive by Christmas.
Armslist is nothing but a scam, if you have made a good deal there consider yourself lucky and don't do it again.

I see photos that have been robbed off Gunbroker all the time.
Originally Posted by micky
how about these guys? http://poopsenders.com

This made my day, now on my favorites list.
Bought my tikka t3 lite in 6.5x55 and my .308 weatherby mark v stainless carbine off gunbroker and thought I paid too much.. Almost got caught in a 7-08 Adirondack scam out of Georgia on armslist!! Thank god the spider senses were tingling and I did just a little bit more reasearch... Total scam!!
That's why I love the fire .... a bunch of REALLY Great Guys just trying to pass things along and NOT to Get rich.. Bought 2 or three guns, scopes, knives, ammo, brass .... ETC..... like most of you ... And what I found on the fire is ... MOST Guys you can still TRUST on a INTERNET handshake.... And actually get what you thought you were buying OR BETTER..... (sorry safaripeople.. Didn't quite make the list ONLY ONE TO GIVE THE FIRE A BAD NAME FOR ME)...
Great bunch of guys and my many Thanks,
I got the same message today saying it is possible it is a scam. I had the guy going for 2 days. I told him I wanted to send cash and he didn't want cash. He was relentless and wanted me to go Walmart and send a Western Union money gram. He didn't want cash at all...
Now, I'm not sure if I'll ever get the cash I sent him back.

that sucks
© 24hourcampfire