Home
For anyone looking, started at $1600. No reserve. Sorry, I don't know how to attach the link. Just search Remington 700 titanium.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=533656811
$45 for shipping? What an ass....
Originally Posted by BachelorJack

Insurance is higher, I'm sure. Not a RAR. Lol. Even with shipping, it's less than what I paid for mine.

You must not ship many guns via common carrier. The last rifle I shipped across the country properly packaged in a double box AND insured for $1200 cost me $42 via FedEx and that included my discount thru my online account.
He last shotgun I shipped cost me $39. Shipping ain't cheap.

Last gun I shipped was around $35.
He is running a business. Business rates via UPS are half what you guys pay. And this is a sub 6lb rifle....

Ever wondered how most gun stores can ship far heavier long guns for $25? Because it costs them $19 or so.

Put differently. I shipped a DTA SRS recently. A 16lb package from SC to NV with $6k insurance only cost $39.

If you need help getting big boy pricing through UPS just hit me up and I will walk you through it. It's not hard.
Yeah that $45 is a deal breaker on a $1600+ rifle. I'll pass.
Haha, seller called out this thread in his ad about those bitching over the shipping fees!

Well done 440dodger, well done!

cool
Originally Posted by duckear
Haha, seller called out this thread in his ad about those bitching over the shipping fees!

Well done 440dodger, well done!

cool

"Can of corn"! Now that is funny! Lol
TFF
Which one of you boys is Rick? grin
Does anyone care about the rifle or just want to complain about the shipping? I may place a bid on it and 45.00 isn't going to make or break the deal.
Originally Posted by ZR10054
Does anyone care about the rifle or just want to complain about the shipping? I may place a bid on it and 45.00 isn't going to make or break the deal.

That's why I posted it. Great looking first gen, in a great caliber.
Originally Posted by huntsonora

I'm wondering the same thing...
That can of corn comment is funny as hell. laugh

Eric
Now with a $30 Gambler Special on shipping!

"Information added 12/27/2015 12:05:24 PM]
For those of you sitting around the "Camp Fire", complaining about the shipping figure, read the complete description. Hit BUY NOW and it ships free. I'll ship it in a FREE hard case. Insured for $2100.00 I'll even throw in a can of corn for you, if you need it. Go to UPS web sight put in 10Lb. package 50X11X4 from Bullard TX 75757 to your FFLs address, add 2100.00 insurance, and get the figure. Came up to $48.76 with a Portland OR address. I can ship for $30.00 with NO added insurance, and No hard case if you are a gambler. Thanks"

LOL, may this rifle be forever known on the Fire as the "Can-of-Corn Ti"... I may bid on it just so I can say I once had a shot at the legendary Can-of-Corn rifle and almost got it with the special shipping!

Good luck with the sale dodger... you crack me up!
Originally Posted by huntsonora

440dodger = Rick is a member of the 'fire though he has not signed in for a while.
Originally Posted by JayDub
Now with a $30 Gambler Special on shipping!

"Information added 12/27/2015 12:05:24 PM]
For those of you sitting around the "Camp Fire", complaining about the shipping figure, read the complete description. Hit BUY NOW and it ships free. I'll ship it in a FREE hard case. Insured for $2100.00 I'll even throw in a can of corn for you, if you need it. Go to UPS web sight put in 10Lb. package 50X11X4 from Bullard TX 75757 to your FFLs address, add 2100.00 insurance, and get the figure. Came up to $48.76 with a Portland OR address. I can ship for $30.00 with NO added insurance, and No hard case if you are a gambler. Thanks"

LOL, may this rifle be forever known on the Fire as the "Can-of-Corn Ti"... I may bid on it just so I can say I once had a shot at the legendary Can-of-Corn rifle and almost got it with the special shipping!

Good luck with the sale dodger... you crack me up!

I'll bet he can laser engrave "Can-of-Corn-Ti" on the receiver, as a Campfire special! Send him a message! Cracking up here...

Put differently. I shipped a DTA SRS recently. A 16lb package from SC to NV with $6k insurance only cost $39.

If you need help getting big boy pricing through UPS just hit me up and I will walk you through it. It's not hard.

BachelorJack, I'll take you up on that offer. I'm not too proud to publicly announce my ignorance (just ask Big Stick). I would appreciate a pm if you have the time. I've never calculated; but, I speculate I'm paying about $39 alone for $6K of insurance.
I don't think that the shipping charges are out of line. I have shipped plenty of higher dollar rifles and to ship across the country with insurance is not cheap. I shipped one to NM and it cost me $113.00 and that was ground. I have shipped many to the west coast and they all run about $60. Just remember that you do not know who is handling the packages and sometimes things mysteriously disappear! I've lost 2 and only had one actually get forwarded to the buyer. Anyways insurance is a good thing, and I don't ship without it- it really does protect both parties. Besides if you don't want to pay the shipping, don't bid....it's that easy
Originally Posted by CM21VE
Anyways insurance is a good thing, and I don't ship without it- it really does protect both parties. Besides if you don't want to pay the shipping, don't bid....it's that easy

Bingo on both counts.
Don't know about other carriers, but USPS insurance is a complete waste of money.
Good luck getting a dime back should it be necessary. One is better off shipping USPS priority without it, the less time they have your item, the less chance of F*ck up.
So far so good for me with that strategy and I've shipped many hundreds of items trouble--free.

I don't think a gun has ever cost me more that about $28 to ship--USPS priority, anywhere in the U.S.
But $45 wouldn't stop me from buying what I want.
I wish people cared this much about contacting our elected officials
Originally Posted by 222ND

You have no idea what guys here do concerning contacting elected officials...
If fellas here want to have a conversation about shipping & insurance, what's the big deal?
The insights I offered are from years of transactions. Hopefully they may benefit someone.
Originally Posted by 222ND

Why put this nonsense in my post? Now, back to a sweet Ti, fair shipping, and a "can-of-corn"!
It might be different if the shipping price was a suprise. I get a kick out of the factory rifles bringing over 2 grand not the 40-50 bucks to mail the thing.
Originally Posted by Kaleb
It might be different if the shipping price was a suprise. I get a kick out of the factory rifles bringing over 2 grand not the 40-50 bucks to mail the thing.

Ti's have kind of a cult following. I knew my Montana would do the same thing, but I always was drawn to the Ti, so I bought one. High price? Yep, but love the thing!
I've got a 7mm-08 Ti but there is no way I'd pay almost full custom used prices for a factory gun. I am glad they are selling for that much though just in case I want to sell mine one day.
always been curious about these Ti's...is $2100 worth it? Thats bumping up in used NULA territory isn't it?
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
I've got a 7mm-08 Ti but there is no way I'd pay almost full custom used prices for a factory gun. I am glad they are selling for that much though just in case I want to sell mine one day.

Yep. Chances are, you will get a pretty penny for it!
Hey Ya'll or is it All Ya'll? I have not lived in Texas long enough to get that correct. My comment on Gun Broker was directed at one Jack Wad, not the whole Fire. I should make clear that the rifle for sale belongs to a good customer and friend of mine. I don't make money on the shipping. I have a bare rifle. I supply a box, or hard case. Bubble wrap or other packaging, and tape. For UPS or Fed Ex, I usually call in a pick up, at my shop, as it is cheaper than driving 40 miles, round trip, to drop off. I don't like wasting time on the pc figuring exact shipping to address and zip code, for every item I sell, so I average it out, and let fly. I loose a few bucks here and there. Gain a couple, sometimes. It all averages out. I also don't ship hundreds of thousands in inventory each week, so I don't get the $25.00 to anywhere rate. Sticks and stones, may break my bones, but you should a brought a firearm. Almost forgot. If you don't want corn, I will substitute green beans. Just trying to get along.
Rick Steinhour
Extreme Rifle Works
Bullard Texas
Don't worry on the haters Rick....

Lots of grumpy old men around here....
Rick, any idea how well it shoots?

Eric
Greg,
No Worries here. I know that there are folks, out there, that are frustrated, maybe even a bit confused, that have nothing better, to do, than post negative Drip, on about anything they can. They are known, for what they spew, and most can look past their comments, and may even have a little fun, with them. Thanks.
Amazes me the people that will complain about insured shipping cost of $45. Even if it sells for the minimum (which I highly doubt) that is 2.8% of the sale price. At $2.1k, it drops to 2.2%. What do you think it should be, $30 (0.6% difference)?! Here's what the money you saved will get you on Amazon.
[Linked Image]
Or 4 cans of corn! 😂😂😂
Eric,
Was told, by the owner, shot consistent 1" and under 3 shot groups, with 120 Nosler Ballistic Tips. He had only tried a couple loads in it, days before taking off on a hunt. Did not get back to the range with it, to wring the loads out. Hope this helps. Thanks, for the inquiry.
Rick
Originally Posted by 440dodger
Hey Ya'll or is it All Ya'll? I have not lived in Texas long enough to get that correct. My comment on Gun Broker was directed at one Jack Wad, not the whole Fire. I should make clear that the rifle for sale belongs to a good customer and friend of mine. I don't make money on the shipping. I have a bare rifle. I supply a box, or hard case. Bubble wrap or other packaging, and tape. For UPS or Fed Ex, I usually call in a pick up, at my shop, as it is cheaper than driving 40 miles, round trip, to drop off. I don't like wasting time on the pc figuring exact shipping to address and zip code, for every item I sell, so I average it out, and let fly. I loose a few bucks here and there. Gain a couple, sometimes. It all averages out. I also don't ship hundreds of thousands in inventory each week, so I don't get the $25.00 to anywhere rate. Sticks and stones, may break my bones, but you should a brought a firearm. Almost forgot. If you don't want corn, I will substitute green beans. Just trying to get along.
Rick Steinhour
Extreme Rifle Works
Bullard Texas

You sound like a good guy to deal with...glws
Originally Posted by Bayouhunter
Rick Steinhour
Extreme Rifle Works
Bullard Texas

You sound like a good guy to deal with...glws

I like the guy, would do bussiness with Rick if he has what I want.
Shipping on corn to 95926?

Thanks.
I like the guy, epic GB post. Plus I like corn.
Eric,
Was told, by the owner, shot consistent 1" and under 3 shot groups, with 120 Nosler Ballistic Tips. He had only tried a couple loads in it, days before taking off on a hunt. Did not get back to the range with it, to wring the loads out. Hope this helps. Thanks, for the inquiry.
Rick

Thanks, Rick. I appreciate the info.

Cheers,
Eric
Rick Steinhour
Extreme Rifle Works
Bullard Texas

I'm not a big fan of canned corn. Is that a popular item?
I'm not a big fan of canned corn. Is that a popular item?

Just for you Rick's proposed a lower cost "Gamblers Special" shipping rate in addition to throwing in a can-of-corn to sweeten the deal ... and now, for those who may be cutting back on their corn intake he's offered to substitute a can-of-green beans instead...

What exactly are you looking for on this deal... a little Tofurkey???

Sheesh... you just can't please some people!!! grin
If his rifle sells for the buy it now on GB, I have a NIB 1st Gen Ti in 7mm-08 that I'll sell for that. Between all the Ti's (6 of them) and the LVSF's (18 left) I made a very good investment. That will include the 47 AR's I bought from Wal Mart when they closed them out a few months back.
Originally Posted by gemby58
If his rifle sells for the buy it now on GB, I have a NIB 1st Gen Ti in 7mm-08 that I'll sell for that. Between all the Ti's (6 of them) and the LVSF's (18 left) I made a very good investment. That will include the 47 AR's I bought from Wal Mart when they closed them out a few months back.

YOU are the MAN!
Do I have to fill out Export paperwork to 95926 Zip Code? Home Land Security is getting pretty tough lately. Don't want that Can-o-Corn to fall into the wrong hands.
© 24hourcampfire