Home
Very clean, early 50s rounded pistol grip, 3 small holes in receiver with filler screws looks like from prior sight? Otherwise uber clean, no cracks splits and awesome bluing. Would like to trade for vintage lever or bolt guns. Can text pics, and will try to load them soon.
Choke? Barrel length? Rib?
not sure on choke, im not a shotgun guy, lol....22 inch barrel, vent rib, 2 3/4 pics coming
[img:center][Linked Image][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Price?
750 shipped [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
If the pics were better I would take it, the sling swiveles say hey!
Looks sweet finish wise......
But for a shooter thats cheap enough.
Originally Posted by 303savage
not sure on choke, im not a shotgun guy, lol....22 inch barrel, vent rib, 2 3/4 pics coming

look on the side of the barrel. there will be 1, 2 or 3 asterisks. 1 is full, 2 is modified and 3 is imp cylinder

both my brother and i grew up on Sweet Sixteens

glws, ked
Damn, I wish I could buy that but the budget is to thin right now.
Had one before and loved it.
Ttt
Thinking the barrel should be longer. With the screws in the receiver for mounting a sight was it set up for shooting slugs?
always wanted a sweet 16...but they were about $200 new and that was a lot of money in the early '60s...free bump
For an every day shooter you won't find one cheaper.
TTT THANKS JIMY
Originally Posted by 303savage

Are you sure on the length? I've never heard of one that short unless it was cut down.

Jerry
Not sure where to measure from? Or to.
Just take the barrel off and measure from muzzle to chamber
As asked before, what are the choke markings?
Originally Posted by mmgravy

i'm no expert, but i suspect that it won't matter, because it's likely been cut down

did Browning make a 16g slug barrel?

ked
2 astericks, and as usual fire is right, lokket at end of barrel and it has been cut, how about 700 shipped? Probably swap it tommkrow a lgs if no interes. Thanks for everyone's help.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Browning Belgium sweet sixteen - 04/07/16
Browning did make a run of 22" barrels in Japan, but these were Invector choked (and of course the barrels said "Made in Japan"). There were no other 22" factory Auto 5 barrels.

To correct the record on Browning choke symbols, here they are (note that improved cylinder is **_):

* = full choke
*_ = improved modified
** = modified
**_ = improved cylinder
**$ = skeet
*** = cylinder
Originally Posted by GF1
Browning did make a run of 22" barrels in Japan, but these were Invector choked (and of course the barrels said "Made in Japan"). There were no other 22" factory Auto 5 barrels.

To correct the record on Browning choke symbols, here they are (note that improved cylinder is **_):

* = full choke
*_ = improved modified
** = modified
**_ = improved cylinder
**$ = skeet
*** = cylinder

wow, never knew there were so many choke markings. l've never seen anything but the asterisks.
Does anyone know for sure if a Japan barrel will function properly with an early 50's A-5???
I can't look at this anymore. For $700 shipped I'll take it
I believe Browning did make a slug barrel for the Sweet 16, my cousin had one back in the day, it was not rifled.
It's likely Cylinder Bore now. Which means a quail killing machine and money on the skeet field.
I will let you know
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by mmgravy

i'm no expert, but i suspect that it won't matter, because it's likely been cut down

did Browning make a 16g slug barrel?

ked

Not with a rib the slug barrels had sights.
I have a Belgium made barrel with a Lymans adjustable choke on it for 150. Real good shape just don't have the 16 any more.
Does it have a VR? How long is it?
No vent rib, 26 1/2"long
Originally Posted by JMB Fan
Does anyone know for sure if a Japan barrel will function properly with an early 50's A-5???

yes.
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
Originally Posted by JMB Fan

yes.

The fore end may need a bit of relieving inside as the Japanese made barrels are thicker and heavier than the Belgian barrels. Just an FYI...
White roach, i'll pass on your barrel. Thanks for offering it.
Originally Posted by johnp034
I believe Browning did make a slug barrel for the Sweet 16, my cousin had one back in the day, it was not rifled.

Slug barrels weren't rifled, but they had rifle sights on the barrel.
I'm probably the only sicko that would take an invector choked Miroku made Sweet 16 over a Belgium, any day.

And prince of whales or it aint a Browining.

Oh I think both had their places.

There's no flies on a Miroku Browning at all (none. seriously none) but there's also something special about a fine Belgium made A-5.

I wish they still made them, and for what its worth gunmakers have been "improving" (not really) on the A-5 for more than 100 years...
do not repeat do not try to relieve the inside of a sweetsixten fore arm.
there is minimal wood under the checkering to the magazine and so often it gets oil soaked. i have had many fail when recheckering because of the softness. i developed an epoxy that i injected into the wood under the checkering before recutting and that saved my butt many times. nothing says OH Shize! like having a cutter go through someones s-16's forearm checkering. had to epoxy one and then cut the epoxy it turned out it couldn't be seen but i sweat blood on that one.
© 24hourcampfire