Home
Just wanted everyone to know that if you're ever in the Houston area ( Spring ) and want to do business with a man of honor, character and integrity, see Billy Carter.
I won two Vanguard synthetic stocks from him that he had listed on Gun Broker as long actions. When they came in they were both short action stocks. I let Billy know and left him positive feedback since I felt it wasn't a real issue and I could use the short actions down the road for my wife, or our grandkids.
Billy apologized for the error and offered to send me a long action stock free of charge. I told him not to worry about it. Things happen and I was happy with my purchase.
Today I received the stock via UPS......
Find me a better man.......
Thanks for sharing that. Good to know about good people in the gun business.
I trade at the Pasadena store. I've invoices going back to 1990.

JAPPFT,

GWB
My FFL, Marion Smith ( Smitty ) Smitty's Firearms, Kilgore Texas is the same kind of stand up guy. Puts his customers first.
It's nice to have guys like these.
Always like to read stories like this. Just reinforces what shooters and hunters know, we are in great company.
Back when I was a vendor for Carter's Country in the '80's I had some limited interaction with Billy, but mostly dealt with the guy running the warehouse up the street from the Range, or the various store managers.

However every contact I had with Billy's dad, Mr Bill Carter, was of a similar quality the OP described, and I always enjoyed the relationship with him as one of the most honorable men I ever met. Sounds like the younger Mr Billy Carter is following in his dad's shadow and holding up the top drawer standards of business ethics Mr Carter established.
Ron
Originally Posted by geedubya
I trade at the Pasadena store. I've invoices going back to 1990.

JAPPFT,

GWB

Same here, CC's is GTG
Yeh, well, this is good, even highly commendable. Some of us have done business here on the Campfire with a man of real integrity who has the handle of John_Boy.

Jim
Bought my first rifle at Carter's Country. They have great sales people. Lots of amazing mounts.
I try to avoid CC when I go to Houston.

I've been in there twice and it cost me over $1K to get out each time! smile
I've know Bill Carter Sr. for many years and I've bought several rifles from Jr. there in the store in Spring, Texas. Both are fine men and I'll continue trading with them in the future! Elk
That is a thousand and up store, never thought of that. I get all my reloading supplies there.
I used to shop their quite a bit when I was attending TAMU in College Station, many moons ago. It was a 1 hour drive each way.

It was a great gun store back then! Haven't been back in years, but the one I went to had a Goody's BBQ right next to it that had great food and killer home made Pecan Pie.
© 24hourcampfire