Home
Need help pricing the above. Rifle is very clean. Face of bolt appears test fired only. Rifle has some very minor handling marks and a thin spot of blueing on the barrel in front of forearm.

I would call it 92 to 96%

20" Barrel, grey stock with camo leaves

will post pics soon

If you set a price, I may have an interest in it. Pricing seems to be all over the place on them, so I'll let folks that are smarter than me on the subject help you on the pricing.

Russell
PM Sent.

Ken
FS OR KS?
$2500 was what they wanted for you to order one through their custom shop 5 years ago...
i bought a model 7KS in .35rem, early model with hi-polished blue, new & unfired, for $1000.

last year i bought another from a member here, same configuration, it was a .35 that had been reamed to .358win, have to look it up, seems like it was about $800.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
$549 at Thornton Cabela's.

Nice pick up!

Thought about it, but it went home before I made up my mind. Made in 1997.
That is an FS model 7, I believe as I've had several. It is a Fiberglass stock not Kevlar, would be interested on a firm price.
Thanks, Dick
Originally Posted by rdobrow
That is an FS model 7, I believe as I've had several. It is a Fiberglass stock not Kevlar, would be interested on a firm price.
Thanks, Dick

What did you see that makes you say FS instead of KS? I'm curious. Is it the finish?
Originally Posted by 17_wizzer
$549 at Thornton Cabela's.

Nice pick up!

Thought about it, but it went home before I made up my mind. Made in 1997.

Looks like Cabela's sold this gun cheaper than their normal inflated pricing.....
fs is kevlar to the best of my knowledge....fs were 18.5 in barrels not 20" to the best of my knowledge... fs had a grey base coat or a camo option over the grey base.... fs werent custom shop guns and had the remington arms etc. stamped on the barrel... does this gun have anything other then the chambering and various proof marks on it ? if not, its a k.s....
The rifle pictured is a KS. The KS stocks had the rounded pistol grips. The KS came in grey and camo as did the FS. The FS has a flat pistol grip.
correct... and the fs was discontinued about 10 years prior to the supposed mentioned guns manufactured date...wow...by the way, who here wants to have others post their serial numbers online ?
fs - fiberglass stock
Markings on the barrel are caliber and a few proof marks only. Barrel is 20" not 18.5". Custom shop barrel contour.

Yes I bought it a Cabelas, and after getting it home realized its not something I am going to ever use

Stock looks green in the pics but is grey in color

Thanks to my new Best Friend (17 wizzer)that couldnt afford to buy it, it is no longer for sale on this site.

Thanks for all the PMs
Hope you find a good home for it; it is a nice rifle!!
Here is a good discussion from a few years ago with some useful info on model 7 fs and ks ...
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/6763142/Re_Rem_Model_Seven_FS_243_Ques
Thanks AK According to all the info I've got it is a KS
Gunbroker it
eek
I gave you a price check. If you're being serious and want to sell it a fair profit is in order. No doubt Cabela's sold that gun at a good deal price. As several have said Cabela's can be a place to find a decent deal in the gun rack if you're paying attention.
There was no need for you to post a price and especially the serial number!!
!!!!
Start it out over $850 outright or opening auction if you are gonna go elsewhere, otherwise p.m. me and i'll take it at that... (offer good through the weekend, smile ! )
I have one of these and it is awesome. I've put some lipstick on mine to fresh in' it up a bit. Shoots great, very handy, very accurate. I'd offer you $850-900 for it, but I think you can likely do better. Great caliber. If this was a 243 or 260, I'd buy it in a second. Along with so many others.....good luck with sale
© 24hourcampfire