Home
Remington 700 Mountain Rifle in 308 Win. The rifle was rebarreled by PAC-NOR in a #1 contour and the entire barreled action was cerakoted by Precision Cerakote. There are some scratches in the cerakote from hunting this season…on the right side and on top near the end of the barrel…they can be seen in the pictures. Bell & Carlson stock with aluminum bedding block which has been glass bedded. Timney trigger breaks crisp just under 2 lbs. Rifle without scope and rings $825 shipped to FFL.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Nice looking gun. Good deal!
Weight and lop ?
Thanks.
Is the barrel or action stainless?
Hell of a deal!
To answer a few questions. The barrel is a stainless super match and the action is stainless. Everything is cerakoted except the bolt jeweling and Timney trigger (I liked the look). LOP 13.5 inches. Rifle weight without scope 6 lbs 8 oz.

Round count is a bit over 100. I did the barrel break in procedure per PAC-NOR recommendations. It shot some good groups with Sierra 165 HPBT during break-in. I loaded a generic 150 TTSX load that shot 1-1.5 inches. My wife had a moose tag and I figured that was plenty good. I haven't played with seating depths or different bullets and powders. That load was 48 grains Varget seated until one of the bullet grooves was even with the case mouth.
Here are a few groups from today. Threw these together this morning to show the rifle's potential. A solid hunting rifle, especially with some dedicated load workup. Functions flawlessly.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
bump
BDL or ADL bottom metal?
Someone might want to know barrel length as well.
And twist rate
A few more answers: 22-inch barrel, 1:10 twist, BDL style.
I am not a 308 fan but you tire kickers better step up......
Thanksgiving bump. Happy Thanksgiving.
Tag in case this lasts until I get home.
© 24hourcampfire