Home
One of my favorite rifles, but it deserves a good home where it will actually be used. It's been sitting in my safe for a couple years without going hunting. Sako A7 Stainless 30-06 bedded into a McMillan EDGE Sako Classic stock with "Flush Cups" upgrades and the installation of a B&T forend rail with QD-Swivel mount by GA Precision. Ready for your atlas bipod and QD Sling. Comes with Talley LW rings and a new-in-package-spare magazine and a stainless steel bolt shroud as seen in pics. Excellent trigger and excellent accuracy, just as you'd expect. Shoots factory Barnes VorTx 168gr ammo so well (picture below) I don't even reload for it. This is an absolute screaming mind-blowing steal at $1350 shipped. Go forth and kill stuff! grin

Zeiss scope not inluded.

[Linked Image]IMG_2077.jpg by MKLII, on Flickr

[Linked Image]IMG_2078.jpg by MKLII, on Flickr

[Linked Image]IMG_2079.jpg by MKLII, on Flickr

[Linked Image]IMG_2081.jpg by MKLII, on Flickr

[Linked Image]IMG_2084.jpg by MKLII, on Flickr

[Linked Image]Untitled by MKLII, on Flickr
Nice
She's a beaut for sure.
TTT
BTT
Very nice rifle and a great guy to deal with.............Hb
That is a sweet rig there man and looks like a professional photographer took pics. Happy Thanksgiving
Thanks fellas.
What is the length of pull? And the weight? And barrel length?
Thanks
LOP is 13.5"

Weighs 6.1 pounds (no scope) or a fraction of an ounce under 7 lbs as you see it in the pics.

Barrel length on these is (approximately) 22.5" I believe. I'll have to measure it to be exact.

Trigger is stellar on this @ 2.25 lbs. Can easily be adjusted up or down as you desire.

I think I still have the original box, too. I'll confirm that as well.
Someday ... Free bump
What's the dot located on the rear of the stock?
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
What's the dot located on the rear of the stock?

Its a flush cup for flush cup style slings.
Bump for a great looking combo... no '06 in my safe.... but this would would be a great one!!
Here's a vid showing flush cups and their use with QD swivels. Skip past the installation part if you just want to see how the swivels work. Word of caution, once you start using a sling with QD swivels you'll be spoiled and will never want to go back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gWahrxhOZw

Need a Slik 634CF and Benro S1 and would consider those on trade toward this.
Also need First Lite Boundary Stormtight rain pants size M in dry earth, ASAT, or Max1. Would do the jacket in L.

Others considered:

10.5" Aero Precision, Ballistic Advantage, DD, or other good barrel.
New or excellent chainsaw. Stihl, Husky, etc.
....will keep thinking for more.
TTT
Bump
Tag.
TTT
Beautiful. Free bump.
Have a friend interested, any other bullets ran through rifle? Partition or accubond possibly
It shoots the 165 Accubond better than the Barnes, I just like the Barnes.
Still available.
BTT.
Forgot all about this one until I saw it in the back of the safe the other day. BTT.
BTT
What all did GA Precision do? Factory barrel?
Just had them bed the stock. Yes, factory barrel. I swapped out the plastic bolt shroud for the nicer stainless Sako85 part. Otherwise, this is factory. I do still have the factory stock, too.
This rifle has been sitting in the back of the safe sad and forgotten for a long while now. Bump to top with a price drop to $1250. Still includes the original Sako Soft-Touch stock, stainless bolt shroud, and a new-in-package factory spare magazine. Screaming deal on a premo setup. Would consider Aimpoint CompM2, M3, or PRO sights as partial trades. Steiner DBAL i2 (IR only) or A3 units as well. If you have something else, shoot me a trade offer and we'll see what works.
TTT
That is one nice rifle!
I can’t believe it’s not sold yet. Great rig.
Needs a good home. I went overboard with nice hunting rifles a few years back and just don't use this one. Blasphemous, I know.... grin
......I'll also throw in a couple QD swivels for you. I understand that many haven't used them before so that may be an issue. I'll warn you though... you'll never want to go back to studs.
TTT
TTT
TTT
© 24hourcampfire