Home
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=257511 The guy sent me some more pictures, seems like a really clean rifle. Says it's stainless with the Factory Black Diamond Finish.

No dog in this deal, just bought too many this month or I'd be on it.

bump
Sunday bump
CJ--you should go for it, outstanding rifle at that price. I bought mine from Biebs and it's a shooter!
I'd like to, but I'm going back to Alaska in a week for my sons wedding and that's costing a good hunk of money. Not to mention I've already bought 4 guns this month. smile But I am struggling with not buying it.
Can you imagine how sweet that rifle would be dropped into a McWoody? I've wanted one for years but have little use for it other than vanity.

What's a typical going price for these anyway?
About $100 more. That's a good price from what I've seen. Phil uses one and he's filed down the stock and really likes it. I have a 375 H&H Sako in a McMillian and don't think it comes any better than the McMillian on any rifle. But the Hogue has a good but pad to handle the recoil. I love the sights on that rifle too. It doesn't come with rings but those are easy. I"ve got an extra set. Check it out.
I contacted Ruger about those rifles with the black finish and was told they are not stainless under the finish, my buddy while guiding for BB on the peninsula had his bolt rust closed on one. I bought a stainless one and love it.
That would be something to confirm. I'm just repeating what I was told. It sounded reasonable to me, to cover the stainless as I used a stainless rifle in So Africa and had a couple see the glare and take off. Never had it happen in Alaska. The 375 H&H I used in Alaska was blue and never had any issues with rust, so for what it's worth.
They were blackened stainless steel. I had two of them at different times.
Thank you sir.
FWIW, MedicDave is a good guy to deal with.

Bump for a great deal.
Bump up
© 24hourcampfire