Home
Good condition Kimber Montana 84L in 270 Winchester. Does not have the threaded barrel.

$900 shipped in the lower 48. Paypal gift or USPS MO

Pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
TTT
TTT
TTT
TTT
TTT
TAG
TTT
TTT
I think it's insanity this rifle is still available... if I didn't already have the same rifle I'd be all over this.

BUMP!
Sames like nothing is selling these days........................
Originally Posted by Brad
I think it's insanity this rifle is still available... if I didn't already have the same rifle I'd be all over this.

BUMP!

It's even more insane that I had THIS rifle.......
How'd it shoot?

BUMP!

BUMP!

If I were looking to buy a Montana, it would probably be this one or a 308w....
Originally Posted by jackmountain
How'd it shoot?

https://imageshack.com/i/pnGyXcyzj
Per 16bore link it shot like this for him. I still haven't fired it myself.

[Linked Image]
That's factory 140 BTSP's in an unbedded rifle. Anyone wondering why I sold it to begin with, it was between this and my 7mm. And yes, I should have kept this one.

Good guy to deal with too...
tag
You won the Kimber lotto and threw away the ticket? Wtf bore?
Yeah, no schit......don't think I haven't beat myself over the head for that one.
Posted By: saw Re: FS: Kimber Montana 84L 270 Win - 10/29/17
This Gun still available?
Posted By: saw Re: FS: Kimber Montana 84L 270 Win - 11/02/17
Pm sent
Still available never got a pm
C'mon people, this is a no brainer.
Especially since it passed the roulette test. You should buy it, then I'll buy it....oh wait.

BUMP!

And again...
Mighty tempting for first rifle for my 14 y/o and its stainless which is what he prefers. Not all that familiar with Kimber rifles but what is a thread one and not thread? Does this come with box? I myself like the LA but have had my son shooting all SA...
Valad, the newer Montana's have a barrel that is threaded on the end to accept a suppressor, the older models do not. I think this started about 3 years ago +/- 1 (maybe 2 yrs ago).

BTW I have purchased from scotts94_z28 before.... he's GTG.
After looking around the 'net I saw that the newer rifles have the threaded barrel. And IMO I think I don't car for this thread schit cuz I am not going to have a suppressor. Probably some folks like the suppressor because they want to tame the recoil...at someone's ear piercing expense. These are lightweight rifles so I do not know how my son will shoot these. I have standard M700 270's and like them alot but hey everyone's gotta have a rifle from every manufacture at least once in their life. Still thinking this over tho.
I think you're confusing a suppressor with a muzzle break.
Exactly what is the advantage of a suppressor for a hunter? Also is the barrel 22" on this rifle?
Originally Posted by Redrockhunter
Exactly what is the advantage of a suppressor for a hunter? Also is the barrel 22" on this rifle?

To answer your question: 1) less recoil, thus a) easier on shoulder, b) easier to keep eyes/scope on target for follow-up, if necessary; and, c) most importently, it protects one's hearing immensely.

Oh ya, bump for the seller.
Rifle has a 24" barrel. Thinking hard about keeping this, putting a Swaro Z3 3-10x42 on it with a BRX reticle and selling all my other big game rifles.
TTT
Tag
Saw where previous owner mention gun was unbedded...arent these rifles pillar and glass bedded??
If I didn't purchase a Sako A7 in the same caliber I would have bought this one.
Originally Posted by 257wthbylover
Saw where previous owner mention gun was unbedded...arent these rifles pillar and glass bedded??

These come from the factory with pillars and bedded to a slave action before paint. He means the rifle wasn't modified or bedded in anyway from what was original.
Got One.
Like It.
Mouse to Moose!
Good Price
Known Seller
Buy It

free bump
TTT
TTT
SPF
© 24hourcampfire