Home
For sale: Montana Rifle Co SS .243. 1:8 twist from Whittakers limited run. I do not remember firing this gun and bought it new. No box.

$750

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/12182435#Post12182435
Deal of the day and heck of a good guy to deal with.
Posted By: CM21VE Re: FS: 243 Montana Rifle Co - 11/12/17
$750 shipped?
Posted By: kingston Re: FS: 243 Montana Rifle Co - 11/12/17
When it rains it pours!
What size is the magazine box on these? 3 inches from back to front?
Thank you, AK.

David Walter, I think they are 3.1" but am not sure. I believe some have built 7x57s on this action
Just found it on their website: 3.125"

MAN this tempting!
I’d buy it if it was not stainless. And 270....
Any idea about the weight as it sits? Also, 22" or 24" barrel?
Found the old thread...22" barrel, but would still be curious about the weight.
Thanks!
Posted By: GTN Re: FS: 243 Montana Rifle Co - 11/13/17
What specific model is this?
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../10276058/MRC/Whittaker_Guns/24hour_Grou

The answer to every question so far, except why it is still here.

Where is the gentleman who was saying he hasn't seen any good deals? Or a soft market? 😳
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: FS: 243 Montana Rifle Co - 11/13/17
I wish it was one of the 5 lefties....not for me, but I ended up with 3 left eye dominant kids. Great deal here.
Between 7.25-7 3/8 pounds. 22"
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: FS: 243 Montana Rifle Co - 11/14/17
Last time I checked, this price (for a complete rifle) is less than the cost of a raw SS action from MRC.... Can't beleive that this is still here bump...
Yep.
Posted By: Adluginb Re: FS: 243 Montana Rifle Co - 11/14/17
Cant find any links from the buyers of the group buy that ever stated how their rifles shot? I’m interested in this rifle, can someone find any links to see how the Guns shot?

Thanks
Posted By: coltfan Re: FS: 243 Montana Rifle Co - 11/14/17
Tag bump
Originally Posted by Adluginb
Cant find any links from the buyers of the group buy that ever stated how their rifles shot? I’m interested in this rifle, can someone find any links to see how the Guns shot?

Thanks

Don't have a link, but I do have an opinion. These are awesome! Mine shoots handloaded Barnes 80gr TTSX very well. Have gotten 3 shot 1/2" groups @ 100 yds many times.

Some complain that they are too heavy, but I don't find that a problem and I think it makes for easy shooting. The MRC is a very well made rifle. I also have the group buy MRC in 260 and it is just as good. In fact my other rifles haven't gone hunting since I've gotten these two.

This is a great buy and I recommend you jump on it. Please, as I really don't need a backup to mine, but that deal is hard to pass up.
Posted By: passport Re: FS: 243 Montana Rifle Co - 11/14/17
PM sent
I will take it pending seller shipping agreement sent via PM.
Sold
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: FS: 243 Montana Rifle Co - 11/15/17
Good snag. Glad the temptation is gone... smile
Posted By: Tanker8 Re: FS: 243 Montana Rifle Co - 12/09/17
These are nice rifles. I picked one up today myself, Whittakers had 2 of them left over from the groupbuy and I snagged one up.
Hope to get it set up and do the barrel break in soon.
© 24hourcampfire