Home
Good condition, shoots great. Drilled and tapped for Weaver bases. Serial is 42xx. Sling eyes, one mag is included.
24" bbl. $375 shipped to lower 48.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
How is the bore and crown?
It is all good. It will do 1" groups at 100 yards with Hornady factory ammo, provided I do my part.
ttt
ttt
Free bump for a cool old rifle and a first class gentleman to deal with.
You don't see these growing on trees. This is a great buy and a stellar seller.
Thanks guys.

Make me an offer. Worst I can do is say no.

Happy thanksgiving.
$349 shipped.
Buddy bump
Hank
Cant go wrong with old Jim! Im a lefty or this would be sent to me!
how do the safety's work on these? Push down for fire, up for safe? Pretty easy to move?
You would be correct and it is easy to work.
These rifles are scary accurate in my experience. 36 gr of imr3031 with a 180 sra r/n. gives bug holes in the old M40 in 300 S.
Up
Tag.....
For what it's worth, My BIL used his receiver-sighted M40 .300 (was my Dad's, then mine, now his) to bag his 8-point yesterday. He's one of those guys that only puts a couple practice rounds down range about once every 5 years. The zero hasn't shifted during 20 years of neglect, and he gets a deer with it every year. Good ju-ju in those guns.
Thanks guys.

This one goes back in the safe.
Does the bolt lock when it is on safe? Can you mount a scope? Thanks John
I'm just spitballing here, but I'm thinking the reason for the scope mounts is so that you can mount a scope.
Yes, it locks and yes it can be scoped. It shoots like your 1895 cool
The interesting thing is, the spacing on the bases are the same as a Savage 99.
Remember the buying of firearms is 90% mental.

The other half is understanding written English.

And Merry Christmas steel head!
I had one of these in 30-30 for a while. The bolt throw is such, so you can slam a 4x scope down, almost touching the barrel. With the drop at the wrist they come with and the way a scope can be mounted, I found they mount and point smooth and natural. For the money, I can't believe this one is still around.
Up
PM sent
Whoever bought this, would you mind sending a PM to me?
Thanks
© 24hourcampfire