Home
Posted By: selmer Looking for a .204 Ruger - 11/18/17
My 15 y/o nephew wants a gun for coyotes and has settled on a .204 Ruger. Does anyone have one for sale? Preferably a less expensive bolt action. He's looking to max out at around $450 on price. I'll be happy to broker the sale here at the 'fire.
Thank you!
Selmer
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Looking for a .204 Ruger - 11/18/17
I've had 204s in the RAR-Predator, Remington 700, and Savage 11.

The RAR-P shoots both the 32 and 40 grain Fiocchi BT ammo sub-moa, but groups start to open if I don't clean it after every 50 rounds.

Here are a couple that I saw on the 'net.

There is a Savage 11 package gun in 204 with a Nikon 3-9x40 on GB for $400, the seller is MIDWEST77.

Whittaker's has a Howa Mini for $330.
https://www.cdnnsports.com/204-hkm77rlfp-20-sts-syn.html#.Wg-oJvNOmaM
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Looking for a .204 Ruger - 11/18/17

I thought of that, but it is priced over the $450 budget.
Maybe his Uncle could throw in $50!
Posted By: selmer Re: Looking for a .204 Ruger - 11/18/17
Wow - thanks for the leads! Uncle has already given him a shotgun and case of ammunition, set of binoculars, several hundred dollars worth of his grandfather’s fishing equipment and lots of advice this fall. 😃😃😃. I wish he wasn’t three hours away. His dad is my sister’s ex-husband who I guided on a bunch of deer hunts and fishing. I’m thankful that Daniel has a strong interest in both of those things, plus curiosity about reloading. He’s got a job and is very frugal and budget minded so he can buy his hunting and fishing stuff. He’s not blowing it on video games and stupidity.
© 24hourcampfire