Home
Selling off another of my safe queens...This time a Remington 760 from the 1960s that is is excellent condition. It has a few handling marks on it and a small mark on the barrel but the receiver (see last pic) where the bluing wore off.

This is more of a collector than a hunter, but if you can bring yourself to take it to the woods, more power to you!!

Rifle is a 30-06 chambering, gun was not used much if at all, metal is excellent and wood is beautiful.

I am asking $600 shipped/insured/signature confirmation in a soft case.., fair offers considered. The older ones dont come around this nice very often

Cross listed for maximum exposure.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/FDVcikfl.jpg[/img]
Oh that is sweet.
Very nice...and they shoot !
Has the stock been replaced on it?
No original stock with original grip cap and aluminum Remington buttplate. It is a mid 1960s model. Look up old ad images online and you will see the same stock configuration

I am lowering to 575 shipped as well and can include a set of weaver rings
To All,

As the friendly neighborhood 760 addict, I can tell you that ANY of the "corncob" rifles.carbines in un-modifed/good condition are now "collectable".

Now, IF I could just find one in .257 Roberts.

yours, tex
Oh my. That is amazing.
Too slick!
That is a duplicate of the first deer rifle I ever bought for myself. I paid $70 for it, used, of course, since I was still in school. The old man had the 1952 Model in .300 Savage; I had to have one too. Lotta good memories there!
Has the stock been refinished ? It looks like the edge of the butt plate was refinished as some time .

The edge of the plate should have a yellowish color from the original stock finish on the metal .
Not in the years I have owned it and it does not appear to be based on other Remington original finishes I have. I have had several 700s that I know were not refinished that has the yellow flaking off the buttplate. If I had to say this one is 100% original
ttt redfuced again fro 550 shipped .
On 1960’s era Remington rifles with aluminum buttplates, the RK-W finish tended to flake off from the sides of the buttplate over time. This same thing happened to my 1965 era M700BDL.
Nice rifle! Everybody should have at least one!
I agree JAT I have another one ;-)
Bump for a good gun.

Owned a late 1950's model 760 in 30-06, it was crazy accurate.

A true free floated barrel whose recoil lug attaches directly to the front of the receiver.
Thanks, its a nice one,

I will also trade equal or +/- a few bucks for a nice O/U shotgun of any gauge.
Dang don’t need a scope plus cash trade do you?
Not really lol what kinda scope
Just bumped it to the top of classified
VX3 2.5-8x36 M1 elevation turret and Alumina covers front and back.
Nah but thanks for the offer for sure
No problem man that’s a nice 760!
500 to your ffl
Great rifle there. They don’t get much nicer.
What is the assembly date code on the left side of the barrel, just forward of the receiver?
I’ll check for ya when I get home from work
Guns sold pending funds
I have the same rifle that went to Sweden at some point in time and was repatriated by Simpson LTD.

It has decals on the stock that appear to have been the owner's tags for moose and capercaillie.
© 24hourcampfire