Home
Posted By: hanco FS Pre 64 Winchester 264 Win Mag - 01/17/18
264 Westerner, all original, doesn’t appear to have been shot much. I’m more in to L-61 Sako’s. I haven’t fired this rifle in years. I have a couple Sako 264’s. I got 1” groups with 140 Ballistic tips and a touch better with Bergers.

Some marks, no deep scratches, have Leupold mounts to go with rifle. 1500.00 shipped

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://a68.tinypic.com/30s8z82.jpg[/img]
What is the definition of a westerner?

Thanks.

Looks very nice.
Originally Posted by Angus1895
What is the definition of a westerner?

Thanks.

Looks very nice.

He was probably typing on an Iphone. Spellcheck?
Nice guy to do business with. Hasbeen
Winchester produced two variations of rifle chambered in .264, the 26” barreled Westerner and 24” barreled Featherweight
Thank you. It was intended for long range out West. The made a Westerner and a featherweight in 264.

They made Alaskan and Safari models too
Up
Featherweights had 22" barrels, not 24"
Nice rifle!
Nice rifle 264 win mag and 338 win mag are my.favorite hunting.rifles .The throats are what wore out on.the first .That's a good example of a 264 good luck with it .I.Hope it hunts again !
Up
The Westerner rifles were meant as long range rifles.
That is correct
Down
Up
What does this rifle weigh?
Bump for a good seller. Hasbeen
Thank you Mike

It weighs 8 lbs
D'oh!
Hanco: Back to top.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Can’t belive this is still here. Hasbeen
Market is soft now. Starting to look like I’ll keep it.
Won’t be long until spring turkey season
1400.00 shipped
Up
Originally Posted by hanco
264 Westerner, all original, doesn’t appear to have been shot much. I’m more in to L-61 Sako’s. I haven’t fired this rifle in years. I have a couple Sako 264’s. I got 1” groups with 140 Ballistic tips and a touch better with Bergers.

Some marks, no deep scratches, have Leupold mounts to go with rifle. 1500.00 shipped

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://a68.tinypic.com/30s8z82.jpg[/img]

Sh*t. Hate it when my teenaged-self's dream rifle comes up for sale. I recall reading stories about the Pre-64 M70s and daydreaming about finding a clean Westerner. Always wanted one. Even have a couple bags for brass squirreled away, just in case. Sure wish I had the funds, man.......I'd give it a good home.

Kaiser Norton
Up
Up
Followed a rifle just like that being carried by my dad for many years on many elk hunts. Bump for a nice rifle.
Up
David, if I was 10years younger I couldn’t let this one pass. Hasbeen
Hanco, Are there places where the stock finish is missing on this rifle? Has it been bedded? Thanks for your response to this inquiry.
No finish loss, I will double check on bedding. I don’t think it has.
Tag
It has not been bedded.
Up
Always wanted one too. I have a lot of Savage lever actions sitting here. Some of them have talked about a home in the south. wink
I have both the Westerner and the FWT and wouldn't let either go for the asking price on this one. A great rifle and an even better price.
hanco thanks for the info. I'd have to give one to my grandson to make room. Not a bad thing!
© 24hourcampfire