Home
Posted By: Colter WTB/WTT: USGI 1911 or 1911a1 - 03/13/18
Looking for a decent USGI 1911 or 1911A1 to buy or trade. I have an excellent 1943 O3A3 Remington with a 4 groove barrel and scant stock I could trade with cash if interested. Thanks Colter
BTT
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but a few years ago I bought a 1945 1911, just for the cool factor. I shot about half a box of ammo through it when I got it, and it has been sitting in the safe ever since. If interested, I would sell it for $1,050 delivered, which is what I paid. I can email photos upon request. Here is the description of the gun when I got it.

All original Remington Rand 1911 from 1945.

Based on the remaining finish I believe this was a later parkerized gun. The finish is 95% gone and has developed with a nice light brown patina over time. All parts are original to the gun and correct.

- Checkered hammer
- Correct trigger
- 8 ridge, lanyard loop MSH
- line cut slide stop
- checkered semi-extended safety
- Hi Standard barrel
- Keyes Fibre gips
- R stamped magazine

The barrel is in great shape with excellent rifling and a no pitting I can see. This gun is a great shooter, I have put about 40-50 flawless rounds through it from the original mag.

The down side, at some point in it's history someone silver soldered or brazed the plunger tube on. They did a good job and kept most of it under the grips but there is a little visible with the grip on, shown in the pictures. I bought the gun not knowing and ddn't fully realize what had been done until I pulled the grip panel. What they did in no way affects the operation and performance of the gun. I was thinking about sending it to a local 1911 smith and having him remove it and properly stake on on but decided to leave well enough alone. Proof marks are still strong and visible.
BTT Still looking. Truman
BTT back to the top
BTT still looking for that 1911A1
© 24hourcampfire