Home
I have a 257 weatherby SS with a b&c metalist stock, 27 inch Benchmark SS fluted barrel without freebore and CRF action. It has a 14 inch LOP. The scope is a VX-2 ,4_12x40 CDS with custom dial. It weighs about 12 pounds loaded with scope and bipod.Rifle can be had for 1000.00 shipped with dies, and about 90 rounds of norma brass (mostly once fired). The scope can be had for another 300.00. There is a 6 shot group pictured shot with 100 grainTTSX.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
I might be interested in trades
Man I wish my play funds weren’t tied up at the moment! Bump
For what it's worth the barrel has 9 twist
Wanted AR15 upper and other parts
I have an AR that I would trade and have lots of "other parts" not sure what you're looking for but I'm a sucker for trade.
Patrick
Can you post a list and what its worth to you? All i have is a stripped lower receiver, I need every thing to build the rest of it.
I have a whole rifle I'll trade, set up and ready to go. It's at work right now, I'll check my phone for pics. It's a S&W lower with a 16" light weight barrel HERA rail, mag pul BUIS vickers sling and Streamlight scout light and a phantom flash hider. Shoot me a PM with a phone number and I'll send some pictures either tonight or tomorrow afternoon.
Patrick
I just talked to my gunsmith and he agreed to cut the freebore in the barrel if that would make the deal more attractive to anyone
It would for me.
Patrick
;^
Might be interested in hand guns also
Sorry, but what is a 257 Roy?
257 weatherby, as in Roy weatherby
Up
I have had a number of Roy's made with a zero freebore reamer I had ground by PTG. Everyone of these barrels, Pac Nor, Hart, Krieger, Shilen, and Douglas shot tiny bug holes at 3800-3850 fps with 100g Nosler ballistic tips and 100g Hornady flat base and boat tails. All barrels shot groups in the high 2's in the largest groups.

You guys that want the freebore cut to normal just are not familiar with how this case works.

This is a rare chance to get a very, very good Roy for dirt cheap money!

For example, standard freebore chamber has .300 of freebore with 100g bullets usually clocking around 3600

No freebore chamber has twice the barrel life to begin with, and velocity at 3800-3850, shooting tiny groups because the bullet is not jumping a country mile.

My barrels were all 10 Twists, and the load was 71.5-72.0g of R#22, fed 215 with 100's. These loads were safe in my rifle, but may NOT be safe in yours due to difference in barrels, lot# of powder, etc. Start lower and work up.

I have no idea who montanabadger is, just thought that I would clear up some of the fog on the no freebore chamber.
Nice
Thanks for sharing Keith.
^^^
Up
Can the LOP be shortened on that kind of stock?
Im sure it could be.
900.00 FTF IN Montana
^
^^
^^^
^^
^^^
975 shipped
Up
Bump
950 shipped, over 1300 invested, last drop.
Sounds like a great rifle. How many rounds through it? Any other example targets to share??
It has roughly 100 rounds fired, no other targets.the farthest shot from center was pulled by me, l saw where the cross hairs were when the gun went off , they were right where the bullet landed. The other flyer I'm not sure of, but I suspect that I pulled that one as well.
That rifle should have sold by now. Good buy here.
^^
Up
Up
Up agsin
Up
Interested in a pre-64 Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in .308? Very nice wood, very nice overall condition.
If you want to text a picture ill look at it, I'll pm you my number.
Sent a you a PM.
^^^
Up
Up
btt
SPF
© 24hourcampfire