Home
50 cal percussion Lyman Great Plains rifle for sale. Very well maintained and gently used.
I have a custom 40 caliber flintlock and a 54 caliber custom Hawken rifle and this one isn't getting any use. I don't want it to sit neglected in my safe. Includes un-altered factory front sight and adjustable rear sight (installed) as well as the factory non-adjustable rear sight.
$ 430.00 plus shipping and insurance. Muzzleloading rifles do not require FFL shipping. It can be shipped directly to your residence.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/90482.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/90483.jpg[/img]
You seldom ever see a used black powder gun in that kind of condition . Well done Sir , its clear you take pride in a job well done . I hardly shoot them anymore but that sure is a nice one .
Those are real shooters.
I have not fired the MLs I own for a couple years, but I wanted one of these for years.
Unfortunately I am out of the groove now.
Good find for someone.
Thanks guys, I have always kept my guns clean and my knives sharp.
Rate of twist? Round ball or hunter
The rate of twist for the Great Plains Rifle is 1-60
Rate of twist for the Great Plains Hunter is 1-32

This one is the Rifle with 1-60 twist for patched round ball. It is scary accurate with it's favorite loads. The triggers are nice and crisp. I have always had complete penetration on whitetail deer with a soft lead ball and as little as 60 grains of 3-f Goex.

I believe these are the best production rifles currently available for less than a thousand dollars. The only reason I want to sell it is because I now have period correct custom rifles and I am not likely to ever shoot this one again.

I own one of these, and I've "round balled" a few Whitetails with it. Mine is extremely accurate.
if i weren't concentrating on savage 99 right now i would be all over this!
bump
bump
tt
Sent you a private message.

Prairie Dog Shooter

I'll take it.
Sold
© 24hourcampfire