Home
Posted By: CFVA Rem 700 LSS Mountain Rifle 260 - 01/23/19
I have a Remington 700 LSS Mountain Rifle in 260 with McMillan Mountain Rifle stock that I would like to sell. I bought the rifle in 2015, mounted a scope to it and it's sat in the safe ever since. Never personally fired the rifle, and it's too nice to just sit around. I'm going to shamelessly plagiarize the post from where I bought it, along with any updates.

From sale ad:

Selling a 700 ss s/a mountain rifle in 260, has been glass pillar bedded into McM Mtn rifle stock, 13.5 lop, BDL bottom, less than 50 rounds. Stock has been custom painted in cammo by Darren King in Polane-T with texture. Stock work done by Master class, timney trigger at 2lbs. Gun shoots right at 1" with factory loads, haven't tried handloads.

Rifle actually has a Shilen trigger, set a touch under 2 lbs according to my scale. There are a couple minor scuffs to the finish on the barrel, but nothing bad. No scratches, dents, etc. Bore looks like new, and stock looks perfect. Weight with a 2.5-8 Leupold in Talley LW's is 7lbs 0.3oz according to my scales.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Rifle will sell without the scope/rings, but would consider keeping them together for a fair price. VX3 2.5-8x32 with the B&C reticle. I'm asking exactly what I paid for the rifle, $1200 shipped and insured to your FFL in the lower 48, USPS MO only. If there are any extra fees involved to shipping to any particular state, buyer is responsible. Shipping to AK will be determined. A public "I'll Take It" takes precedence over anything else. Please be patient with PM's, I'll check them as often as possible. Any questions, please ask. Thank You.

Only partial trade interest would be a Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 with MOAR reticle, part# C563.
Sweet rig!
Do you happen to have the original LSS laminate stock ?
PM sent
Originally Posted by OutdoorAg
Do you happen to have the original LSS laminate stock ?

No, sir. It was set up as shown when I bought the rifle.

Thank you for asking.
I'll take it. PM incoming.

Keith
Hold the phone. Is the rifle plus scope selling at $1,200, or rifle only? I hope I didn't mis-read your post.

keith
Rifle only.
My apologies. I need to be more careful. Rifle still for sale. Thanks 257.

Keith
No worries, I should have been a little more clear.

If anyone is interested in the rifle with the scope and rings, does $1475 sound reasonable?
I will take the scope per our PMS. Thanks. Spence
Scope is SPF, thanks spence.

Rifle is still available at $1200 shipped/insured.
Up for the evening crowd.
Beautiful rifle if I didn't have one already
Still up for adoption.
Up for the weekend.
Posted By: KDF Re: Rem 700 LSS Mountain Rifle 260 - 01/26/19
Tough crowd here... nice rifle and a nice guy to deal with.
Thank you, sir.
Lonely 260 still looking for a companion, trim and svelte. Enjoys long walks in the mountains, crisp mornings and trips to the range...
Up.
I have a mint LSS factory stock I will trade the buyer for that ugly camo stock if they like. Haha

Can't believe this hasn't sold yet. Can't go wrong with a 700 mtn stainless.
Nice damn rig right there
Thanks for the smooth transaction on the scope. Spence
Thank you, Spence.

Rifle is still up for sale.
I will entertain reasonable offers on the rifle, thank you.
Is that an Edge fill stock??
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Is that an Edge fill stock??

I'm not sure, the man I bought it from couldn't recall.

I can pull it off and weigh it. What would be expected weights for Edge vs. standard fill?
~26oz
Stock weighs 30oz, and rifle with Talley Lwt rings weighs 6lbs 5oz.

Thanks.
Still for sale.
Still for sale.

Let's try $1125 shipped/insured to the first 48, AK/HI will be negotiated accordingly.
Tagged
Still for sale.
Great rifle in a great caliber. If I can get my citori sold on here I may take this off your hands
Awesome set up!
Tax day bump.
Would consider an old Winchester 71 in trade, that's about it.

Thanks.
Still for sale.
Pm sent
Sold pending payment
© 24hourcampfire