Home
Posted By: ssdave Remington 788 .22-250 $300 - 03/07/19
Desirable 788 in .22-250 for rebuilding or fixing up. This rifle is beat to hell. Stock cracked and taped, dirty, spots of rust, and worn. Used as a behind the pickup seat coyote gun by a rancher. Has decent solid steel mount and rings. Bore is too dirty to see the condition, but doesn't look all rusty or pitted. No guarantees, though, and I'd assume it's been shot a lot. I don't think enough of it to clean it and see.

$300 + $25 shipping to your FFL from an individual. Add $25 if you need it shipped from an FFL on my end. If you just want the action, I'll remove barrel and stock and sell for $300 + $10 shipping.

I'm interested in single shot (not handi-rifle or similar modern, but classic antique type) actions/rifles/parts in trade. Also consider high quality rifle barrels. Or similar interesting things.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DMc Re: Remington 788 .22-250 $300 - 03/07/19
Can you say "Neglect"?
Some might call that “honest hunting wear”

Tempted to restore that one so hoping someone buys it quickly.
It's ugly but I bet it's got a truckload of critters to it's name.

-Jake
If you were going to abuse a rifle as a behind the seat truck gun...a Rem 788 is a good choice.
pm sent
Posted By: ssdave Re: Remington 788 .22-250 $300 - 03/09/19
Bump to the top. Last chance as a rifle, if it doesn't sell, I'm going to pull the barrel, pop it in the ultrasonic, clean it, rub the rust off and sell it as an action. These are great rifles, and well known for their accuracy. Worth fixing up and/or making a custom.
PM sent
Posted By: DMc Re: Remington 788 .22-250 $300 - 03/09/19
You can get a new drop in stock for as little as $70.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/remington-788-rifle-stock.aspx
© 24hourcampfire