Home
Posted By: bucknbass SCAM ALERT! - 03/13/19
I'm sure this person is not part of the community but they troll this forum and others looking for WTB posts.

Karla Brown
309 Canterbery Dr.
Saginaw, TX 76179
Email name: Alpha Alpha
Email address: [email protected]

So... I had posted looking for an inexpensive lever action to hog hunt with. This person (name and address above is what they sent me) emailed me (not a PM from the site) saying they had one and sent me some pics. Looks great and we negotiated a decent price. Pictures appeared to be from a pawn shop but after communicating with this person they didn't sound like they worked at one. No worries I thought. They sounded like they had sold guns before (scammed people about guns for sure) talking about the FFL, wanting a Postal MO, etc.

I had already made out the envelope to mail the payment and was about to get the MO when I decided it would be a good idea to search for this person on Google - BINGO! Second link was someone else on another website saying they were scammed by this person. Same name, address everything. So thankful I took the little extra step to check. After I discovered they were a scammer I emailed them stating a buddy told me his friend lived near "her" and he was coming to town next month so I wanted "Jeff" to pick it up and bring it to me rather than shipping it.

Surprise, surprise "she" never emailed back after I sent that!
Posted By: dgr416 Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/13/19
I had one on another forum try to sell me a 711 model 357 pistol .I guess that's what they rob with .I found out from the post office it was a fake address .
Posted By: savatage Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/13/19
Thanks for the heads up !
Posted By: hanco Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/13/19
Good to know, hadn’t thought about googling someone
Posted By: JSmith62198 Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/13/19
Here is some public info for this person and associates as well as addresses, emails, and phone numbers so everyone can keep an eye out for the scammers.

Karla Y Brown
Age 53
Full Background Report Available
Current Address
309 Canterbury Dr
Saginaw, TX 76179-6328

Phone Numbers
(817) 371-682nine - Wireless
(817) 917-430six- Wireless
(817) 917-174threeWireless

Email Addresses
[email protected]
[email protected]
Associated Names
Karla S Brown, Karla Y Shelton, Karl A Brown
Previous Addresses
681 N Saginaw Blvd
Saginaw, TX 76179-1284
(May 1996 - Feb 2016)

10213 Sunset View Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76108-4075
(Apr 2010 - Jan 2014)

PO Box 9162
Fort Worth, TX 76147-2162
(Nov 2013)

Possible Relatives
Whitney M Brown, Christy C Ward, Darlene E Oliver, David Ray Brown, Freddie L Thompson Jr, Haylie E Brown, Jack T Shelton, Kelly Diane Brown, Kendyl A Brown, Kenneth Wayne Brown, Kristi Raelene Galindo, Lou E Shelton, Marcy Karen Meiergerd, Melanie C Cooper, Nicole E Esters, Raymond Shelton, Ronald E Brown, Roy E Brown, Scott R Shelton, Stayce R Brown, Susan Marie Brown, Suzan M Brown, Tiffany R Brown, Ward R Shelton, Arden E Brown, Carolyn Virgin Brown, Frederick H Brown, Josef Allen Brown, Joseph N Brown, Josephine H Brown, Patricia Jane Brown, Patricia M Brown, Melanie C Shelton, Miriam A Shelton, Tammie L Shelton
Possible Associates
Karri L Stevens, Karri Lynn Stevens, Scott A Stevens, Viola E Hodges, Jackey R Sansom, Jeffrey A Bittrick, Jody L Stevens, Kory R Stevens, Mark P Graves, Peggy Ann Sansom, Jacklyn M Sansom, Timothy Glenn Rae, Connie S Galindo, Cordell A Esters, Dominick Salina Galindo, Galindo Salinas, Gaye R Reagan, Hayley Rae Smith, Homer N Cooper, Jodi A Wolken, Robert R Meiergerd, Rose Marie Cooper

Also a Melanie Cooper that lives there.
Posted By: likeaduck Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/13/19
I was looking for a Burris SpeedDot 135, Karla responded to my post, had exactly what I wanted right down to the 3moa. which I wanted. Asking $150. which is what I paid for a new one when they were still being manufactured. I had the envelope all addressed, just had to buy the money order and googled her name and address, I pmed her and told her as long as she was new to the Fire she could ship it and I would send the funds upon receiving the sight. It hasn't got here yet,been a month.
Posted By: WeimGuy Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/13/19
Thanks for the heads up !
Posted By: 222nut Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/13/19
All you have to do to avoid "most" of these scams is to request a picture of the said item, gun, scope, etc with an item such as a coffee cup or news paper, etc. Most of these scammers use generic pictures off of the internet. When you request a picture with a specific item with it, they cannot produce one and you know something is wrong.... I have used this many times and it hasn't failed me yet.
Posted By: bucknbass Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/14/19
Great idea 222nut
Posted By: Bigdogfla Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/14/19
+1 on that
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/14/19
Bump
Posted By: gophergunner Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/14/19
Thanks for posting. I sure hope none of our members have fallen for this scammer.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/14/19
Originally Posted by 222nut
All you have to do to avoid "most" of these scams is to request a picture of the said item, gun, scope, etc with an item such as a coffee cup or news paper, etc. Most of these scammers use generic pictures off of the internet. When you request a picture with a specific item with it, they cannot produce one and you know something is wrong.... I have used this many times and it hasn't failed me yet.

I always request "pool pics".
Posted By: deerstalker Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/15/19
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by 222nut

I always request "pool pics".

so thats how asphalt angel's picture from SM got on the fire! laugh
Posted By: muleshoe Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/15/19
"I have used this many times and it hasn't failed me yet."

grin
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/15/19
Originally Posted by muleshoe
"I have used this many times and it hasn't failed me yet."

grin

"Could you please post a photo of your junk hanging over the gun with a note saying 'I like hamsters'? Thank you. "
Posted By: Plottdog1 Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/15/19
There is a scam on Armslist right now.

Browning A-BOLT medallion grade 3
Octagon barrel .325 wsm listed for $750 NIB

I contacted the guy for more pictures and he got super weird. Later I was looking on GunBroker and the pictures he sent me are listed on there. Starting bid $1099
Posted By: gruvco2 Re: SCAM ALERT! - 03/15/19
👍 for pool pics
© 24hourcampfire