Home
Sako L579 Forester Deluxe 243 Win Circa 1965, 23” Bofors Steel barrel, light honey colored stock with new factory recoil pad, high gloss blueing with rare 2 deer scene on floorplate. Sako medium ringmounts and 3-9 Bausch & Lomb scope can be included. 99% condition.

$2195 as shown. $1950 without rings & scope. No trades. Gun is listed on other sites.

Buyer pays $75 for insured shipping in hard case.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/bU9DvGt.jpg[/img]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/7QyXmdf.jpg[/img]

It is a beauty....
Wowwwww!!
Gorgeous!!
Yikes!
That's a dandy!
donsm70
Beautiful old Sako
Nice...…..Really nice!
Bump for Shrapnel!

John
I had a couple questions on the pad -

The original Sako recoil pads were soft and prone to deterioration. The ones I've had on all my older Sako's were flattened to varying degrees and/or cracked. The only replacement option was a look alike pad like a Pachmayr 325 until Beretta came out with the Model 85 Finnbear. They made a run of these pads that were used on the new Finnbears and the surplus pads were available from Brownells for a short time. The pad on this gun came from that run made by Beretta.
This is a beautiful forester, probably the nicest I’ve seen, and these things shoot tiny groups even with that 23” relatively light barrel. Mine has the black plastic buttplate and no engraving. I like mine, but I can’t stop looking at this one. Good luck to the seller and whoever buys this beauty
OH MY!
Pic of the rifle with the old pad.

[Linked Image]
Shipping in hard case included for purchase of package. $50 off shipping for purchase of rifle.

Pic of muzzle that was clipped out of post -

[Linked Image]
The older deluxe Sako rifles always get my blood pumping a little faster... Beautiful!!

...can't imagine finding a nicer one than this...
Thanks. It's the nicest one I've had. The fit and finish on the older Sako's is second to none IMO.
Very nice...Bump !
Up for the weekend
Great Mother's Day present here!
$2125 as shown. $1900 without Scope & Rings
Friday
Very nice.🔝
$2100 as shown. $1850 without rings & scope.
Very Nice !
It looks new!
Thanks! It's the nicest Deluxe I've had but it's time to let someone else enjoy it...
SOLD Pending Funds
I have a mint condition Sako L579 Forester Deluxe 243 Win Circa 1965 almost identical to this one in a beautiful Browning Lifetime brown leather case & I will take $2,125 for it. I inherited it from a wealthy oil man in Texas who knew and hunted with Juan Peron. It is also in mint condition (I will post photos). I don't hunt much anymore as I am getting old, so I would like to sell it. It also has a very nice scope. The man who owned this was very meticulous and kept everything he owned in perfect condition. I also have a .50AE Desert Eagle pistol (never fired) in polished chrome for sale in the original box that can be transformed into a .44 magnum by exchanging the barrel and magazine - amazing gun! I also have a beautiful Browning 12 gauge shotgun with two interchangeable barrels I will also be selling, owned by the same gentleman. I work in law enforcement in Houston and am trying to get my gun collection down to a manageable size.

Attached picture Seko Resized_20191127_123809.jpeg
Attached picture Seko Resized_20191127_123857.jpeg
Originally Posted by Scott_Holman
I have a mint condition Sako L579 Forester Deluxe 243 Win Circa 1965 almost identical to this one in a beautiful Browning Lifetime brown leather case & I will take $2,125 for it. I inherited it from a wealthy oil man in Texas who knew and hunted with Juan Peron. It is also in mint condition (I will post photos). I don't hunt much anymore as I am getting old, so I would like to sell it. It also has a very nice scope. The man who owned this was very meticulous and kept everything he owned in perfect condition. I also have a .50AE Desert Eagle pistol (never fired) in polished chrome for sale in the original box that can be transformed into a .44 magnum by exchanging the barrel and magazine - amazing gun! I also have a beautiful Browning 12 gauge shotgun with two interchangeable barrels I will also be selling, owned by the same gentleman. I work in law enforcement in Houston and am trying to get my gun collection down to a manageable size.

You also appear to have no clue.
© 24hourcampfire