Home
These are bring back items from WW2 that belonged to a relative. They both have wooden sheaths. The more ornate sword is in really nice condition and has the date of the battle when it was captured on the sheath. The bottom sword is very nice but not as ornate and there is a little corrosion on the blade and some of the wraps on the sheath are missing.

$125 for the top sword. $50 for the bottom sword, or both for $150

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: WW2 Philippines Swords - 05/23/19
Cool.
Posted By: satx78247 Re: WW2 Philippines Swords - 05/23/19
NICE BLADES, imo.

An old friend of mine, who has now been "promoted to Glory", brought home a Filipino-made sword that was used by a local guerrilla fighter to "take out" a Japanese COL in 1944. = His granddaughter has it displayed on her bedroom wall.
(TSG Paul N. B__________ "took to the brush" & fought the Japanese as a guerrilla with USFIP from the fall of Fortress Corregidor until the Philippines were liberated.)

yours, tex
Nice items Bill_N. Good examples of Filipino craftsmanship. Here's a pic of one my father brought back. Dagger was a gift to him in 1944 made by a Filipino native from artillery brass casing, jeep spring steel blade and hand grip from water buffalo horn.

Image Gallery - WWII Filipino Dagger for closer look.

[Linked Image]
Gringo Loco,

NICE Theater knife, imo.

yours, tex
I was in Subic Bay three times, brought back a few of the knives, considering what they had to work with, impressive
Good info. Trying to raise some funds for my mother in law. These would be a great addition to a collection or the start of a new collection
Bump - open to reasonable offers
PM inbound.
The $50 sword is SPF
Bump - shipping included with top sword
Top sword reduced to $100 shipped
Any offers on the sword?
^^^^ up
Monday
I bought the lower blade in the picture.

It is as described and Bill is a good guy to deal with.
Thanks - need to move this
Bump
SOLD Pending Funds
© 24hourcampfire