Home
It is with regret I list this rifle but it does simply not get the use it deserves.

I have a lightly used Tikka T3 Superlite in 7-08. Stock is a McMillan Sako Hunter Edge in grey with black speckles. Stock unbedded. Rifle weighs a bit under 6 pounds bare. I can find no major blemishes. Maybe a few hardly visible rubs. Rifle looks almost new. The only thing to mention of note is the magazines do not release as crisp as other Tikka rifles I've had. They latch great but I have to unlatch and then grab them out. Never bothered me.

With the 10x SWFA and DNZ mounts shown in photos it weighs about 21 ounces more. The rifle has a LA bolt stop and an extended magazine that allows plenty of room for heavies when kissing. It will come with the standard magazine and extended magazine.

Looking at my load book, this rifle has about 130 bullets down the barrel mostly with 140 Bergers at 2.8" which absolutely hammers. I experimented a bit with 150-162 grain bullets (1 range trip) but never fully developed a load.

I've never shot this rifle for groups closer than 550 yards so I have no idea what it does closer. But it will put 5 140 Bergers into groups smaller than my hand at 550 yards with RL-17.

All load data included with sale. And interested buyers will have the options of some loading components.

Rifle with Edge stock - $1,100 plus shipping.
Rifle with Edge stock, 10x SWFA, and DNZ mounts - $1,350 plus shipping.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tag
Any trades? Do you have the factory stock?

Thanks,
Jon
I do not have the factory stock. My pard got it and cut it down for his daughter....
Trades are limited but I'd be interested in Meopta TGA 75 spotters....
Great looking setup. Wish I hadn’t blown so much money lately. Got me searching for what kind of paint McMillan uses.
Awesome guy to deal with! I own a couple of his rifles and he probably regrets selling as well. LOL
Nice! LOP?
Stock is 13 1/2"...
Barrel length?
Standard Tikka...22 1/2"....
All PMs returned....

As of this second it's still available....
SOLD....
I will take this as per our PMs.
donsm70
Dang. That’s nice
Originally Posted by donsm70
donsm70

When you get it talk to me about loads.

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
donsm70

When you get it talk to me about loads.

P

Thanks Pharmseller.
donsm70
When you get it sell it to me smile
There are numerous standard Tikka and 7-08 loads that are accurate....

I can provide you 20 of them but they haven't been verified in this rifle. The one that has is crazy accurate and is a great, great deer and elk killer.

I've been shooting a 7-08 since I was 18...
Nice snag Don! Thats what I get for taking the ol lady out for dinner. Missed a good one.

One of these days I’ll find another Sako Hunter Edge stock like that one, without the ridiculous wait from McMillan.

If you get tired of it, send me a pm if you wouldn’t mind. If for some reason you find you don’t like the Sako Hunter pattern for the Tikka, I have a Sako Classic Edge Fill I’ll trade you for it. I prefer the Sako Hunter pattern.

Thx
Craig
Originally Posted by GregW

I can provide you 20 of them but they haven't been verified in this rifle. The one that has is crazy accurate and is a great, great deer and elk killer.

Do tell.

P
I’ll share my recipe for my browning speed. yours may be different, so try at your own risk. Fed case, fed 210 primer, 47.0 gr. big game. Nosler 140 accubond, 2.280 base to ogive, shoulder set .003 back, nets me 2899-2922 FPS and shoots .4 on 10 pwr with factory 22” barrel and no trigger work. Haven’t weighed cases or sorted bullets, no primer pocket work yet. This works good enough for my hunting rifle. I’m not a paper puncher guy , or a long distance guy , just a hunter and an average rifle shot
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
Nice snag Don! Thats what I get for taking the ol lady out for dinner. Missed a good one.

One of these days I’ll find another Sako Hunter Edge stock like that one, without the ridiculous wait from McMillan.

If you get tired of it, send me a pm if you wouldn’t mind. If for some reason you find you don’t like the Sako Hunter pattern for the Tikka, I have a Sako Classic Edge Fill I’ll trade you for it. I prefer the Sako Hunter pattern.

Thx
Craig

Craig,

I ordered an Edge for the wife's 7-08 T-3x Superlight in MId December and received it the end of March. Just over 3 months. And to Don I'd recommend RL-15 with 120 gr bullets. Lights out with two different bullets in both the factory and the Edge stocks. .
Thanks to all. I'm looking forward to getting the Tikka in hand!
Don
150 eldx ain’t a bad start.

T3 stainless

[Linked Image]

T3 Superlite

[Linked Image]

140 Partition is a good one, too

[Linked Image]

That’s 47.5 gr Big Game, WLRM, 2.805” COAL.

P
Thanks Pharmseller.
That looks like something I was hoping to accomplish.
donsm70
Thanks Pharmseller.
That looks like something I was hoping to accomplish.
donsm70

FYI the 150 load killed a 5x6 bull at 409 yards.

I was watching through the spotter. He didn’t go far.

P
Originally Posted by GregW

The wonky part about Tikkas is 9 out of 10 times a load that works in one tikka will work just as well in another Tikka of same flavor. I think that it must be something to do with the machining making 2 of them clones of each other. Not something that you can bet on with other makes.
GregW is right again. I've got no fewer than 5 powders that produce way below MOA loads with 120, 140, and 150 grain bullets. The 7-08 is very easy.
© 24hourcampfire