Home
I have a few sets of bighorn sheep horn slabs that I'd be willing to part with. I sent a set of bighorn sheep horns to Paul Persinger and had him cut them up into slabs. Then I had each set stabilized so they'd be impervious to use. The slabs have really nice black and white contrast with Paul's outline on the inside for how the grip set would be cut out. These would probably be great for a semi-auto but I had them made with SAA-type revolvers in mind. Paul said that two or three of the slab sets would not be big enough for a SAA but could work for something like a bird's head grip set. I'll be keeping a set for myself but I don't need all of these. I will take some photos soon showing the slab sets next to a ruler for scale. I have a chunk of money tied up in these but after trying to find this material for my revolvers I decided to use the blunt instrument approach and get plenty. Because of my sunk investment a slab set won't be inexpensive but I can guarantee you'd have a hard time finding any sets that would be better than these. Let me know (via PM) if you might be interested and I'll post photos soon. Slab sets will range in price from $350 to $100 depending on size primarily.
Set #1 $300
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Set #2 $100 (Birds' eye grip or knife scales?)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Set #3 $350 Huge and thick - lots of material to work with
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Set #4 $350
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Several more sets including one or two less expensive ones suitable for small grips or knife scales
Monday bump
Tuesday for the pistoleros
Wednesday
Thursday bump
Saturday
Monday
Wednesday
August 24
Back to the top
These stabilized slabs need to become grips!
To the top
Sunday
Monday
Sunday
Tuesday
Could any of your blanks be used for a 1911?
Yes, at least a couple of them are easily big enough. If you want to see what they look like finished follow this link:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...367989/new-sheep-horn-grips#Post14367989
Set #3 has been SOLD. I'm heading out of the country and will not have ready access to the internet until I return on January 4. Check back with me then if you want either of the two remaining blanks shown or perhaps some of the other blank sets I have not photographed or listed.
Back to the top. Note that Set #3 is sold but there are two or three other sets like it available. This link shows what a finished set looks like: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...367989/new-sheep-horn-grips#Post14367989
tag
January 15
Jan 16
Bump. Also have one set of stabilized dall sheep slabs (more pink/beige with little if any dark brown/black highlights)
Monday
Jan 28
Jan 31
Feb 4
© 24hourcampfire