Home
1957 Pre-mil 99F 243 which is a hard to find rifle, especially in this condition. Photos speak for themselves. Original finishes, original sights, original buttplate. This is one for the advanced collector. It would be about impossible to improve on this one. *Sorry squeeler, the screws aren't indexed! LOL

Small amount of blue wear on the buttplate screws from sitting in a safe, since they stick up a little higher than the buttplate, otherwise not much to report on the bluing, it's perfect.
Has not had a scope mounted nor been handled much by the looks of it. Mild compression of the checkering in one spot.

Would possibly trade for a different Savage or $1650 shipped to your FFL not negotiable. I'll be away from the computer until next Tuesday. First unconditional I'll take it followed up by PM, or I'll answer questions when I return. Enjoy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

More photos-

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Beautiful wood on that gun.

Looks like it came out of a time warp
Very nice ! 👍
Really nice rifle. I have a 308 just like it.

Let me think on this one!
Nice for sure. I have one already or I'd be on it. Unless you are changing the direction of your collection I'd be hard pressed to let this go. That would be hard to replace. It has been up for an hour and that WAY longer than it should have taken.
That would go really nice with my other F’s. Hmm.

Joe
Wow! Somebody buy this thing and remove the temptation.

Lee
But does the walnut on the right mirror the image of the left?

Gorgeous rifle!!
How about that fluted comb?

Jaysus.

Just looked in my check book to be sure I didn't have the money.... frown
Probably a good thing I'm not independently wealthy , it would take a bank vault to hold all my chit ! 😁
That rifle brings back bad memories. I decided to go back to school after I started my family and money was tight and as luck would have it I dropped a valve in my old 65 Chevelle and had to have a engine and needed $750, I had a matched pair of early 60 models 99F's in 243 and 308. Sold them both for the $750. 308 looked as new. 243 was hunted with a lot and took many whitetail deer. Yours is a hard to find collector piece given the condition. Good luck with sale.
I'll probably regret it, but what are you gunna do?
Are the boogered up screws pictured?
Imagine.
I believe that’s the best lookin 99 in .243 I’ve ever seen! It’s a hell of a lot nicer than the one I own!
Beautiful rifle Fireball.
Very nice!!
Pic of buttplate screws as well as pics of checkering compression?

Thanks
I have some trade bait. Sent you a pm.
Bueller............Bueller.......?
The boy is in the mountains of Pa this weekend were internet and cell phones are still just a rumor.
need find compass & sling studs
Roy, I will take it.
Originally Posted by texken
Roy, I will take it.

Atta boy Ken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Temptation removed... Thank you sir
Hey all. I am at Gnoahhhs place in Maryland and will be home soon. Thanks Ken, I hope it'll work for you.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Why you gotta go around puking up garbage everywhere you go? Bugger off dipstick.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Why you gotta go around puking up garbage everywhere you go? Bugger off dipstick.

Hey Roy . Piss off
this goes right beside my T (.303) that is in like condition
© 24hourcampfire