Home
Looking for a Remington Model Seven KS 7mm-08

Will pay a premium for the right KS in excellent, mint, or NIB shape.

Please PM me if you have anything available.

May consider other calibers.

Thanks in advance.
Solid grey or leaf camo ?
The Leaf Camo ones are the old model, call the FS, for Fiberglass Stock. The newer ones are gray with matte metalwork.
I am open to any original Remington KS stock color.
Originally Posted by Biebs
The Leaf Camo ones are the old model, call the FS, for Fiberglass Stock. The newer ones are gray with matte metalwork.

Hmm... wink

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-M...hop-Rifle-7mm-08/lotInformation/38671171

Cattledog is correct. While the FS has a camo stock, some KS stocks (I believe Brown Precision) have camo stocks as well.

Looking for a KS......
FS came in both colors as did KS (the early, brown produced version). FS won’t have a cheekpiece. FS was not a custom shop product while KS was.
Up for 🍗63!
AKwolverine is correct. Both styles came in both colors at various times.

FS has no cheekpiece and the comb is actually higher and straighter with a fuller grip. Too high for open sights.
KS has small cheekpiece, lower comb, and a rounded grip knob. Usable with tall open sights.
PM sent.

M7
Originally Posted by Drumstick63
Cattledog is correct. While the FS has a camo stock, some KS stocks (I believe Brown Precision) have camo stocks as well.

Looking for a KS......

Yes, some of the KS had the leaf pattern stock. The pistol grip area can tell you if FS or KS. KS has a rounded bottom of the pistol grip.
I have a couple of KS M7s with the camo stock. All the camo KS 7s were Brown Precision stocks. McMillan's were all gray (or black on the AWR rifles). Another way to identify the KSs is the barrel taper in front of the recoil lug. They have a straight taper down to the barrel contour size (rather than the rounded contour in front of the lug like the production rifles) then hold the barrel contour size out to the muzzle (which is also slightly heavier than a production 7). The FS had the production 7 barrel dimensions.
ttt
Originally Posted by ModelSeven
I have a couple of KS M7s with the camo stock. All the camo KS 7s were Brown Precision stocks. McMillan's were all gray (or black on the AWR rifles). Another way to identify the KSs is the barrel taper in front of the recoil lug. They have a straight taper down to the barrel contour size (rather than the rounded contour in front of the lug like the production rifles) then hold the barrel contour size out to the muzzle (which is also slightly heavier than a production 7). The FS had the production 7 barrel dimensions.

These are great bits of info. Thanks. I have an early KS with a BP stock. Someone told me all the Model Seven had McMillans. You confirmed what I already thought....I didn’t realize about the shank of the barrel.....very cool. Thanks. Mine has been cerecoated and stock repainted by Karl. It is an awesome little rifle. I’ve had this rifle since I was 21-22 years old....I’m 45. I kinda have a fondness for this rifle.

Top rifle in this link

https://imgur.com/a/Mxln83A
Originally Posted by d500lnn

These are great bits of info. Thanks. I have an early KS with a BP stock. Someone told me all the Model Seven had McMillans. You confirmed what I already thought....I didn’t realize about the shank of the barrel.....very cool. Thanks. Mine has been cerecoated and stock repainted by Karl. It is an awesome little rifle. I’ve had this rifle since I was 21-22 years old....I’m 45. I kinda have a fondness for this rifle.

Top rifle in this link

That's sharp!
Still looking.....

Top rifle in this link

There are other ways to tell the stocks apart, after you've handled a few. The BP stocks were only put on the KS rifles a short time, 3 years give or take, from around 1988-1991. These times are approximate, but will be pretty close. The BP stocks had a very slightly less pronounced cheek piece than the McMillans. The McMillans had a slightly slimmer and shorter forend than the BP and also, in the ones I've handled, put the sling swivel stud further back on an already shorter forend, which tends to put MY hand up against the stud (which I don't really like, but to each his own). If neither have been repainted it's easy to tell, even if they are the same grey color. The McMillan had a more aggressive texture where the BP had slight bumps in their texture, but tended to be more slippery.

Sorry about hijacking the thread.

Hope this helps some,
M7
All good info. So, here's a question.... why are they scarce as hen's teeth ?
Originally Posted by Cattledog
They were out of the custom shop and were special order. They were much more expensive than the average Model 7 or 700.
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
They were out of the custom shop and were special order. They were much more expensive than the average Model 7 or 700.

And, in the case of the camo ones, only made for 2-3 years to boot.

Hmm... wink

Just now looked at that link for the first time. Believe it or not, the rifle in that auction belonged to me. LOL

M7

Hmm... wink

Just now looked at that link for the first time. Believe it or not, the rifle in that auction belonged to me. LOL

M7

If someone paid $800, they stole that damn rifle. Mine looked exactly like that before the facelift.
Still looking...

Hmm... wink

M7

If someone paid $800, they stole that damn rifle. Mine looked exactly like that before the facelift.

They didn't. It came back home with me. I don't know why it shows that. I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out.

Free bump for Drumstick:}

M7
PM sent....
LDHunter, PM and email sent.
You can work a deal with LDHunter. I've traded and hunted with him a lot. He's straight up.

M7
Thanks M7
Posted By: g5m Re: WTB: Remington Model Seven KS - 09/01/19
Good luck Those are very neat rifles.
Why can’t you find them...?

Because ModelSeven bought them all and has them in storage!!!

Occasionally, he feels charitable and sells one to an undeserving, clueless nimrod he feels sorry for! He took pity on me and sent one my way. Awesome stock!! Just an hour ago my older brother, who served in the Marines for 28 years tried to buy my M7 and he’s not even a hunter! The stock came along with free history lesson on M7s. ModelSeven knows his stuff!

He's not the only one.... wink

Actually there are several Model Seven KS collectors that I know of.

Now that Custom Shop Model Sevens have mostly disappeared from Gunbroker the prices are starting to go up rapidly again. 5-20 years ago was the time to be collecting them.

There were only a few cartridges that they were chambered for on a regular basis but I have a couple that were never offered except by special order. No they're not for sale... LOL

The only one I have for sale now is one with the BP Camo stock in 350RM with a brake put on it by JD Jones himself. The rifle was tuned and set up by him also and shoots well but my old shoulder has fallen out of love with that rifle. <sigh>

The new Remington Custom Shop ain't what it used to be. Ever since they moved from Ilion NY they're outsourcing a lot more and it seems that quality has fallen way off from what I hear. A lot of the old real sho' nuff gunsmiths retired when they moved away from Ilion and the gunsmiths didn't want to move. Sad but that's the way of the firearms manufacturing business these days. Ownership changes often and the old school real gunsmiths get tired of bean counters running the business and they retire in disgust.

PM sent with possible lead ...
Thanks to LDHunter, I now have a Remington Model Seven KS! LDHunter sent plenty of pictures, answered all questions, and even met me an hour away from his home to show me his KS.

I will likely be placing another WTB in the coming days for a second Remington Model Seven KS or AWR, this time with more caliber options (7mm-08, 308 Win, 35 Rem, 223 Rem, etc.). Again, I WILL PAY A PREMIUM for the right Remington Model Seven KS or AWR. Let me know if you have anything available.

I also have a few items I may trade toward a KS.
© 24hourcampfire