Home
Posted By: Chumleyhunts Barrel Values - 10/13/19
Just trying to get some basic info to help a buddy out. He's a liquidator auctioneer who knows very little to none of gun values. Guy he is working with has several Rem 700 barrels. Blued .308, Stainless .308, Stainless .260, stainless .300SAUM. Hes just wondering basic values to get paperwork started before the auction. Current owner got them when his father passed away and is not a gun nut. I realize there are variables such as Bore condition, etc just some ball parks.
Posted By: bobhanson1 Re: Barrel Values - 10/13/19
if they're factory barrels, $0-50 a barrel unless they're new and something special like a stainless sendero...
Posted By: drover Re: Barrel Values - 10/13/19
At an auction probably not very much unless there are some gunny types there - maybe $25. Most folks don't want used barrels and have no idea what to do with them.

drover
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Barrel Values - 10/13/19
I had a Remington 700 270Win blued fluted barrel that I got $125 for on Ebay.That knocked the price for my rebarrel to a 30-06 down to a total of $565.
Posted By: tmax264 Re: Barrel Values - 10/14/19
Big difference if they are new take-offs and if not, round count if known. I took a risk on a $40 e-bay barrel and ended up with a paper weight because, at least according to my gunsmith, it had been re-chambered at least once before and there wasn't enough left to work with. It will depend on how much risk someone at the auction is willing to take.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Barrel Values - 10/14/19
Not much, unfortunately.
Posted By: Overkill375 Re: Barrel Values - 10/14/19
Remington action gunsmiths around here just about give them away. If they are fluted or varmint maybe $100 each
© 24hourcampfire