Home
Posted By: winchester88 Watch out for MK257 - 11/13/19
I recently was looking to purchase a leupold freedom 2x7 so I ran I WTB. I was contacted by this gentleman and he said he had a NIB. So I sent him PP money and he said the scope would be sent out Monday which ended being a holiday. So I was guessing the scope would go out Tuesday. He has refused to read my PMs to him. What to do now?
Posted By: Ducksanddogs Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/13/19
Well, it’s Wednesday, so I’d try being patient.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...earch/true/re-good-guy-list#Post13281582

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...earch/true/re-good-guy-list#Post13826851
Posted By: winchester88 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/13/19
He’s been on the fire and not even reading my messages! I would say patience is on.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/13/19
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

Thinking the same. Not a new member.
Maybe he hasn’t checked PMs. I log on and don’t always check them ...
Posted By: Ducksanddogs Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/13/19
Originally Posted by winchester88
He’s been on the fire and not even reading my messages! I would say patience is on.

Nine times out of ten there’s a good reason. He’s an active member with good feedback. You don’t even know that the scope isn’t already in the mail. Patience is a virtue. If this goes on for a week, or two, I’d be concerned. It’s hunting season and was a holiday weekend. Settle down, grasshopper.
Posted By: bufaf Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/13/19
Wow.
Posted By: Oldschool65 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/13/19
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Kind of hard to miss that flashing envelope.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/13/19
Originally Posted by Oldschool65

Some people have a persistent flashing envelope.
Originally Posted by Tom264

Some people have a persistent flashing envelope.

Why would you not check your pm’s on something you just sold?
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/13/19
Mine flashes all the time.

Patience grasshopper.

I needed to send some stuff last week. Post Office in the town we were working in was only open 4 hours a day, made it a bitsch to get stuff out. Had to wait a few extra days to ship.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Patience grasshopper.

I needed to send some stuff last week. Post Office in the town we were working in was only open 4 hours a day, made it a bitsch to get stuff out. Had to wait a few extra days to ship.

I will be, but this is the same guy that told me he didn’t get my PayPal money for two days. It always post for me within minutes of being sent. Sorry
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/14/19
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Patience grasshopper.

But you kept your buyers advised....didn't you?
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/14/19
After I didn't ship for a few days after I said I would.
Posted By: Technoman26 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/14/19
Personally, when in the middle of a deal, I'd be paying attention to and responding to PMs no matter if I'm buying or selling. It's part of building a good reputation around here. If I'd sent $$$ to someone and they suddenly went silent, it raises alarms.

I hope this works out for both parties.
Posted By: botal Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/14/19
I'll bet he has checked his paypal account.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/14/19

My PM's go to my email first so there is no rush to click on that flashing icon..
Posted By: skeen Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/14/19
I purchased a Tenzing Predator pack from MK257 October of last year. I mailed him a personal check, and as soon as he received the check he sent the new in box pack. No problem whatsoever.

If I recall, he lives in Vermont and they did just get hit with a pretty heavy snow storm. Even closed our office down in Burlington. He may be deserving of a little benefit of doubt.
Posted By: winchester88 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/14/19
This post isn’t intended to trash this gentleman, but he read my messages all weekend long. Even when he’s in the woods. After he got the money I hear nothing, is that the way it works. Maybe in some people’s eyes but not mine. I try and keep a good name on here, but loosing it over $145. Sorry people
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/14/19
This post isn’t intended to trash this gentleman

I'm confused. What does "Watch out for MK257" mean?
Posted By: marksman1941 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/14/19
I get being frustrated and upset, and it's not how I would approach it from the sellers perspective, but a single day isn't much time. If you haven't heard anything by monday, then start panicking. Right now just sit tight and give it a few.
Posted By: Rt50blaster Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/14/19
Ive dealt with him numerous times with no issues. Patience grasshopper, patience
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/14/19
Maybe he found a hot babe, and they eloped to Vegas to tie the knot.

Let the guy have a peaceful honeymoon.

Don’t badger the guy too bad, or he might just send two “used” prophylactics on the scope as lens covers.
Posted By: sactoller Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/14/19
H-o-l-y Schit!
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
As Tom said ... some of us have perpetually flashing envelopes.
Hope this worked out.
Posted By: winchester88 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Well he’s made contact and said estimated delivery date Friday. Well it’s Friday and it’s not here. He lives 3hrs from my house. Hard to believe it wouldn’t show up. I have guns shipped across the US in 3 days.
Posted By: ronwethington Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Hell, it took my payment 5-6 days to get to Maine. You need to play with mama a lil more!!!
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Well he’s made contact and said estimated delivery date Friday. Well it’s Friday and it’s not here. He lives 3hrs from my house. Hard to believe it wouldn’t show up. I have guns shipped across the US in 3 days.

Quit yer whining.....I’m waiting for something from the govt that was told was sent in the 6th and I still ain’t got it.
Give him time.
When this is over someone is going on ignore depending on the outcome.........
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Safe to assume payment was via gift so a hold can't be put on the funds?
...more PayPal dodo....
Posted By: BOFF Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19

That's not a guaranteed date.

estimated
/ˈestəˌmādəd/
adjective
(of a value or number) roughly calculated; approximate.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19

I'd have driven the hour and a half to meet in the middle..........pay, pick up, have lunch and shoot the schit.
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
I had a Priority envelope go from PA to Ohio.......went thru Puerto Rico......2 weeks
Posted By: Chumleyhunts Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
I am waiting for an order from Pittsburgh, Pa 1.5 hours from my house. It went to Zelienople, Pa on 11/11, then Grove City, Oh, then to Clinton, Pa, now to West Sunbury, Pa post office this morning. SHOULD be at my house tomorrow. 5 days, hundreds of miles..... Be patient man, I'd be hesitant to sell to anyone so anxious and quick to call someone out.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
I'm at a loss for the kinder gentler way to say, chit oh dear, give it a few fuggin days.
Posted By: MK257 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Hello folks,

Unfortunately at times, my career path takes me on unforeseen travel, the kind where I don’t have days, but hours to get to my departing flight, and my wife mailed the product for me. This is no excuse, I should have relayed the information and kept communication flowing. That said, truthfully it slipped my mind, period- and that’s on me.

I am just seeing this thread now, and realistically am absolutely dumbfounded by it. The sent correspondence from the buyer was never seen, what prompted me to look was an email stating I had a message, plain and simple. If anyone believes a 2-7 VX- Freedom Worth $140 would ruin my buy/sell reputation they have simply lost their marbles. Plain and simple- put your hand on your ass, the products on its way.

MK
Oh, and by the way. Before it is said by the op, the scope did not arrive yesterday. I would bet the farm though, it’s at his doorstep today. Just wanted to raise awareness before the National Guard is called.

MK
I’ll bet the Op voted for Obama......
Posted By: Technoman26 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Some of you guys kill me sometimes with your defense of regulars when a deal looks like it might go sideways.

I guess if it was your dough floating in the wind and the seller had gone silent for days after lots of communication up front, you'd just not worry. Whatever.

I don't do business the way the seller has here no matter which side of the transaction I'm on. I have always found that things go much smoother when you keep in touch. Yeah, chit happens sometimes but around here your word is your reputation. So if there is a delay, wouldn't you let the other party know? I'm glad the seller finally chimed in and I hope this deal is fine but for fooks sake, for some of us a couple hundred bucks is still a lot of dough and words not kept meaningful.

Flame away if you want but I can speak from experience, Winchester88 is a good guy. And I'd bet a bunch of people reading this thread have had good deals with him too.
Posted By: Ducksanddogs Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Lighten up Francis.
The fact is, I completely understand Winchester’s frustration. I chimed in as soon as I could, and told him the scenario. I accept responsibility of lack of communication- no more, no less and realize the frustration.. I can’t blame the fellow, it’s on me. Scope was mailed, and I offered to refund his money until arrival.

MK
Posted By: 16bore Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Schit happens...

Did I ever tell you boys about the TWO money orders that took over a month to arrive? Quite a story, one from Vermont, one from Connecticut. Apparently in the same “lost” mailbag, and both arrived on the same day.

Craziest thing ever.

Hopefully the OP will have his scope and we can just put this all behind us and live in harmony.
Seems like there was no where's near enough for a callout here. If anything, I'd rather deal with the seller. Might be a day later than anticipated? Chit.
Posted By: BOFF Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by Technoman26
Some of you guys kill me sometimes with your defense of regulars when a deal looks like it might go sideways.

I guess if it was your dough floating in the wind and the seller had gone silent for days after lots of communication up front, you'd just not worry. Whatever.

I don't do business the way the seller has here no matter which side of the transaction I'm on. I have always found that things go much smoother when you keep in touch. Yeah, chit happens sometimes but around here your word is your reputation. So if there is a delay, wouldn't you let the other party know? I'm glad the seller finally chimed in and I hope this deal is fine but for fooks sake, for some of us a couple hundred bucks is still a lot of dough and words not kept meaningful.

Flame away if you want but I can speak from experience, Winchester88 is a good guy. And I'd bet a bunch of people reading this thread have had good deals with him too.

I know neither party and I am only an outsider.

When it is publicly posted to "watch out for xxxx", it leads me to believe the poster was intending to smear someones name Maybe it was poor word choice. Doesn't matter, as it's been done- the posting, lack of communication, and delayed delivery.

I do know we all, including myself make mistakes. I know regardless of our prior reputations and motives, life troubles/emergencies get in the way with family, friends, jobs, and one's health. Those things naturally get priority and sometimes other things get mishandled, but there are consequences that go with it.

I also know there are usually three sides of a story, Party A, Party B, and somewhere in the middle.
Usually we all color the story more favorably to paint our side better.

It appears this is going to be worked out, and hope both sides are now ok with the transaction, as best possible.

So thankful for the community here, the moderators and owners of 24hourcampfire, as there are not many other places around which compare to the quality of this site.

May we all humble ourselves and serve others.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: winchester88 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
I didn't want this thread to be back at the top, but I wanted everyone to know the scope arrived safely.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Never been a fan of call out threads. But they keep happening.
Posted By: boatboy Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Seems like it was way too soon to bash a guy and that's what happened
If a guy doesnt have a bit of trust in the seller, patients and understands this is not the only thing in someone's life a retail purchase maybe best

Hank
Posted By: pal Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by MK257
...unforeseen travel...
my wife mailed the product for me....
it slipped my mind...
correspondence from the buyer was never seen...

Though I think the call-out was premature, you have plenty of lame excuses for not taking care of business.
Posted By: shinbone Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Seller should have been more on the ball; buyer should have been a little more patient.

Offsetting penalties.

Place the ball at the original line of scrimmage.

3rd down!
Originally Posted by boatboy
If a guy doesnt have a bit of trust in the seller, patients and understands this is not the only thing in someone's life a retail purchase maybe best

Hank

Amen
I didn't want this thread to be back at the top, but I wanted everyone to know the scope arrived safely.

Great apology,
Posted By: Bigdogfla Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Just good news that the deal was done and both parties are happy... water under the bridge... good result!!! 😊
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by Bigdogfla
Just good news that the deal was done and both parties are happy... water under the bridge... good result!!! 😊

I’m not happy!
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Which dwarf are you, then?.....
Grumpy?
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by Bigdogfla

I’m not happy!

Go Blue.

As for the OP ... glad it worked out.

And I’d have no issues buying from the seller ...
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/17/19
Well.
I now know who I’m putting on ignore...
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/17/19
Originally Posted by 16bore
Schit happens...

Did I ever tell you boys about the TWO money orders that took over a month to arrive? Quite a story, one from Vermont, one from Connecticut. Apparently in the same “lost” mailbag, and both arrived on the same day.

Craziest thing ever.

Epic!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/17/19
Well.

Bite me, I said I was sorry!
Posted By: kennymauser Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/17/19
Originally Posted by shinbone
Seller should have been more on the ball; buyer should have been a little more patient.

Offsetting penalties.

Place the ball at the original line of scrimmage.

3rd down!

Good one----play ball!
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/17/19
I would buy from mk257 with no worries
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/17/19
I have purchased 3 items thru the classifieds.
Never an issue.
Commo is the key between buyer and seller.
When ya say i will take it.
Intiate commo then and their until item is received and confirmed by both parties.
Commo thru pm.
Commo thru email.
Commo thru ph/text.
Shipping/ confirmation # per ups or usps or fed ex.
Both ways,,,,money going to seller and item going to buyer.
If your worried about 5 or 6 bucks of shipping and the hassle of confirmation #,s
And doing schit regular old snail mail with usps to save a couple of bucks...........
Maybe both parties oughta stay outta the classifieds and go back to 1967 and drink glass bottled milk delivered to the tin box on the front porch.....

Info should flow easily between buyer and seller

In this day and age
Most everyone has a smart phone
Or access to one or a computer.
Really no excuse for lack of commo.

Im buying something. I will stay in touch with seller till i receive my item.
It might even begin to annoy a seller, but i want my item and the info.
I might be super anal about commo
But I want a confirmation # for it being shipped so I can track it.
Just like the seller can.
If you drop the ball on commo .
Schitt goes to hell in a handbag fast.
Then fingers start getting pointed.....

Rant over.....
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/17/19
Originally Posted by 338rcm
I would buy from mk257 with no worries

Ditto. A bit of slacking ain't call-out worthy. Scope arrived in perfect time so there wasn't a real issue, it was all in his head. OP's last post, rather than an apology, is pretty fuggin lame.
Posted By: 3040HighWall Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/19/19
A simple tracking number solves almost all problems.
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/21/19
Trying to figure out where the 375 H&h dies are I bought from you. Following the tracking number you supplied, said they left your city three days ago,and today says they were delivered. Back to the address they were shipped from ???
Posted By: g5m Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/21/19
This reminds me of a Christmas card we mailed that took 30 days to go across town.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/21/19
I have bought a ton of stuff and sold a couple of things here, never even the slightest hint of a problem. I've shipped stuff before I got the funds, and had the same done for me. I hate to see little nit picky bullsheit like this.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/21/19
Well.

Me too. I only use the ignore feature as a reminder of who to not do business with. One of the party here gets the ignore, one party doesn't.
Posted By: MK257 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/22/19
Originally Posted by kenster99
Trying to figure out where the 375 H&h dies are I bought from you. Following the tracking number you supplied, said they left your city three days ago,and today says they were delivered. Back to the address they were shipped from ???

Ken, as you can clearly see in the tracking history the dies are in CA.

Patience my friend- I don’t find 4 days from East to West coast to be ridiculous.

MK
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/22/19
Originally Posted by 257heaven

I agree with this. To me, call-out threads are so potentially dangerous to one's hard earned online reputation that someone who feels inclined to create one should not only be convinced they have been hosed; but, they should show a significant amount of patience and even restraint before doing so. It seems both parties have been somewhat validated here and potentially there is "no harm, no foul". However, it could have been much worse to MK257's reputation.

Someone made a good point. $100 maybe be chump change to one person where it is a huge sum of money to another. However, there are better ways, or, at least better first steps before calling someone out. I have faced similar situations, multiple times, as the OP did. My first inclination was always to do a little private research. Search the other party's prior deals. Contact, other people PRIVATELY who also had dealings with the same person. In each of my cases, peace of mind was given and appreciated. In a couple of cases, sellers had very valid reasons or things beyond their control occurred. In another case my seller completely forgot to ship. Was that a valid reason? Well, from what I found out about the guy, yes, it was valid. He has a great online reputation with multiple solid deals. He simply forgot. I'm glad I didn't even consider trashing him publicly.

I am in the middle of a high dollar deal right now. I paid on the 14th. Weapon was delivered to dealer on 15th to be shipped on 16th, two-day priority mail, from neighboring state. It's not here yet. It's not panic time and it's certainly not time to trash a seller whose FFL dealer did not ship when he said he would.

Online reputations are as important today as your personal reputations amongst your neighbors, freinds, family and the public as a whole. Protect them and don't harm someone else's.
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/22/19
My apologies to MK257, package is on the way, all is good. I just panicked!
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/22/19
I've never seen a call-out thread go as expected, or hoped for, by the person starting it.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/22/19
I don’t want to deal with someone who gets as nervous as a chihuahua after a couple days, It’s just not worth it.

As someone pointed out. This isn’t a face to face transaction. We have to ship these goods and are at the mercy of whatever chosen delivery system is employed. If you feel the need to employ a call out this prematurely, I don’t want to deal with you. Just not worth the aggravation and stress...

Call outs have their place - Once you know for sure you’ve been screwed over - to warn the rest of the buying community of a crook in their midst.

This wasn’t even in the “iffy” category. It didn't even approach the “spider sense tingling” timeline. So basically it just backfired on the OP to let the selling community know not to deal with him.

Edited to add that I’ll go one more and say, you could have titled it “When should I start to worry?” or something like that. But to come out and say “watch out for xxxx” clearly shows you meant to smear the guy after a couple days.
Posted By: Ducksanddogs Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/22/19
Jesus Christ, this is still going?
Posted By: MK257 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/22/19

My words exactly.

Originally Posted by kenster99
My apologies to MK257, package is on the way, all is good. I just panicked!

Rest easy..

MK
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/22/19

Looks like it....but it's not Jesus' fault.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/22/19

Looks like it....but it's not Jesus' fault.

LMFAO! laugh
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/22/19
Thanks for the great deal on the loading dies MK257, a pleasure to do business with!
Posted By: d500lnn Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/23/19

I agree completely. I always keep a very open line of communication, but sometimes pm to slip by unseen. There are some fantastic people on this site and as a whole a very trustworthy group. I wouldn’t personally do a call out, especially over a $140 scope. I’ve recently sold a lot of firearms and scopes for a good friend. He is not proficient with a cell phone. So copies of his DL and FFL that we’re mailed to him, had to be mailed to me. It took several days plus. We’re talking $150-1850 transactions. No one or worked up at all. I did communicate though. Unfortunately, the op is gonna be the only one that regrets this post. I’m sure he’s a good dude. $140 May be a lot to “risk”...
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/23/19
I just bought some brass a few minutes ago from a guy in Utah, haven't received it yet and I'm pissed. 😁😁
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/23/19
I bought some brass last week and forgot about it ... until it arrived today! I’m extra pissed!!! 😡
Posted By: Mac1978 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/23/19
Anybody wanna buy a compass?
Posted By: EdM Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/23/19
A few years ago I received brass and bullets from Nosler for rounds I do not own. I am thinking a late night Friday order... A couple days later Nosler advised they were sent to the wrong place and a pick up has been arranged. Whew...
Posted By: Ramblin99 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/23/19
I think this dead horse has been pounded into cube steak. Can we end this thread now? Or move it over to a discussion forum? Some relief please....
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/23/19
Originally Posted by mirage243
I just bought some brass a few minutes ago from a guy in Utah, haven't received it yet and I'm pissed. 😁😁

Start your own thread !😁
Posted By: ronwethington Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/23/19
Page 5 and rolling....hello Mac...
Posted By: Mac1978 Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/23/19
Hey Ron!
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/23/19
Originally Posted by Mac1978
Anybody wanna buy a compass?

You have a moral one for sale?
Posted By: d500lnn Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/23/19
I bought some brass last week and forgot about it ... until it arrived today! I’m extra pissed!!! 😡

😂 you sir are one of the ones it took a bit to get a rifle too.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: Watch out for MK257 - 11/23/19
Originally Posted by boatboy

Hank

Agree. Some premature ejaculation here.
© 24hourcampfire