Home
Very nice custom FN Mauser .243 by "Dan Martin Riflemaker". Gorgeous walnut stock, very nicely checkered. It has the nicest and smoothest 2 position model 70 style safety I've ever seen. Sako Mauser trigger. Black Pachmayr recoil pad. 24 inch lightweight barrel. Extremely nice rifle, I just dont currently have a need for another .243 and even if I did, this one is too nice for me to use in the field. Shoots cheap Federal Blue Box factory ammo under an inch if you can. PM email or phone # for pictures. $1200 shipped to your FFL.
BTT
Here's a link to the images

Https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/14313673#Post14313673
Man thats beautiful. Any idea what it weighs?
My question too.

But damn, that's a nice rifle....
I dont have a way to get an accurate weight right now, but I'd guess about 7.5 pounds. It's a beauty. Dont know who Dan Martin is, but he did a fine job on this rifle.
LOP?

Looks like a small ring?
LOP is about 13 3/4. I'm at my dad's house so I cant measure it. It's a commercial FN action, so it's a large ring.
I think Mule Deer should buy it so he can write another article about a rifle I used to own. My only chance of fame....
I have no use for a 243.

But as a donor for a rebarrel to 7x57 (7x64?)...... wink

Bump
Beautiful rifle in the American classic style! Odd that a maker producing such nice work is not better known.

Any chance you could post a few photos of the left side of the action, when you get back home? Is the barrel free-floated? And, the LOP looks a little long - an actual measurement of that dimension would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I'm new here. How do I see the link?

Figured it out!!

That is a beautiful rifle.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sakohunter264 - thanks for posting the photos!
Morning wood bump.
What a beauty and man i could find a use for a good 243 in my country all day long,free bump and finding a home for that honey should be no problemo.
I bet that thing’s a pleasure to hold...
What a beautiful rifle
LOP is 13 3/4 and weight as it sits with the Leupold VX2 3-9x40 in heavy steel bases and rings (not included) is 8 lbs, 13 ounces. I will consider partial trades.
What are you interested in?
Pretty much everything. That's why I'm poor.
PM sent your way
I could be interested in a Marlin 1895 45/70, a 10mm pistol, maybe a nice CZ75. Who knows what else.
Trade pending!
Per our trade agreement, I will take your lovely rifle home with me. Thank you!
© 24hourcampfire