Home
Posted By: luv2safari H&R Combo Set Price Check - 01/01/20
I got this handy H&R 258 two-barrel set in 20ga 3"/Mod and 22 Hornet years ago to carry in an airplane as a survival gun. It's been shot very little. I used it a bit to pot grouse in Montana. It has a mat nickle finish in excellent condition. The barrels are 22", and the Hornet is D&T for scope mounts.

I'm starting to sell off somewhere around 20-30 guns that just languish here, and will probably start with this "handy" little set. I am wondering what it's worth??

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: Dinny Re: H&R Combo Set Price Check - 01/01/20
300-400 to the right buyer. Handi rifles are no frills guns and some will snob right on by them. Plus that's the same price range as many budget bolt action rifles that shoot very well.

Thanks, Dinny
Do you have a 28 gauge H&R or NEF single shot? Need one for my Boy Scout troop.
Very Nice Set.

I would be a buyer at the $300 listed above.
Those are neat and hard to come by. In the late 80’s, my dad bought that same combo only the rifle was in 44 mag. He traded it off a few years later but the same guy has kept it. I’ve tried to get it back for years.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I got this handy H&R 258 two-barrel set in 20ga 3"/Mod and 22 Hornet years ago to carry in an airplane as a survival gun. It's been shot very little. I used it a bit to pot grouse in Montana. It has a mat nickle finish in excellent condition. The barrels are 22", and the Hornet is D&T for scope mounts.

I'm starting to sell off somewhere around 20-30 guns that just languish here, and will probably start with this "handy" little set. I am wondering what it's worth??

I’m anxious to see what all you will be “culling” !
Ronnie
Posted By: 160user Re: H&R Combo Set Price Check - 01/01/20
I would have an interest in it when you decide to sell it.
Originally Posted by Dinny
300-400 to the right buyer. Handi rifles are no frills guns and some will snob right on by them. Plus that's the same price range as many budget bolt action rifles that shoot very well.

Thanks, Dinny

Got a feeling you are late to the party on this one guys. My bet is Dinnny's already sent a PM with a lowball offer to the OP.

I could be wrong....................!
Originally Posted by Dinny

Thanks, Dinny

Thing is it's not a long cumbersome cheap bolt action. It's a compact and useful traveling combination package. Ever try to shoot a flying bird with a cheap HP rifle?

Apples/grapefruit...
Originally Posted by covejeepsxj
Very Nice Set.

If I found another just like it for $300.00 I'd buy it. wink
Very Nice Set.

Haha. Agreed!
Very Nice Set.

Damn straight!

I’m betting it’ll fetch $500 easy.
Luv2safari....I pack around various handi's for truck guns on the farm, for me they have filled that role pretty well. I currently have several of those sets.

Bought a set 30-30 / 20ga 258 nickel about 10 years ago, that one was around $275 back then. Also got a .357mag/20ga set about 5 years ago, it was about $375.

In 2018 i bought another 30-30/20ga set, rifle barrel was cut to 16" and new sights installed; shotgun barrel was cut to 18" , new bead & choke tubes installed, 3 tubes included...all professionally done, looked newish, very compact setup. I think i paid around $425.

Last fall i bought a .44mag/20ga model 258; new & un-fired in original box...that one was bid up to $500 on gunbroker. I did see a brand new old stock, in the box 30/30-20ga combo set sold on gunbroker not long ago for $499.

Nickel Handi Set

I'd possibly be interested in your 22 hornet set, PM me at your convenience....tried to send you one but you mailbox was full.

Regards-

G~
© 24hourcampfire