Home
Just not driving it much these days. My dad rolled this off the showroom floor in April 1970, after I was born in Feb. He told my mom that they needed a "family car", so he traded in his 66 Mustang on the Olds. I had it in high school, man, that was a fun car!

My dad passed in 89 and we had the car restored from the ground up. No re-pop parts. Back then non rusted parts were still available almost everywhere. The car was gone for about 8 months and it came back looking like new. The car has not been rained on since 1989 and has been stored in my mom's garage until three years ago when she passed away.

The engine was not rebuilt. It has 130,000 original miles, and is the original engine/tranny. It has the 350 Rocket engine. The car is in beautiful shape, and runs great. The Rochester carb needs to be cleaned and the car just needs to be driven more often. Beautiful inside and out. I've held on to this but just don't enjoy it as it should be. I don't need it to remember my parents, as they were both amazing people.

The car is here in Norfolk, in a storage facility. I drive it about once a month to keep it lubed.

Way too much to type here, so serious inquiries need to talk with me by phone. I'll be happy to answer questions so shoot me a PM. I'll take more pix this week for anyone seriously interested.

$33,000, and I'm in no hurry, or "need" to sell.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LxwiHbekxCCCCiiV8
Good looking ride.
Longshot, great looking car!

Someone should scoop this up!

We really, need a 'like' button!
Nice
Originally Posted by sactoller
Longshot, great looking car!

Someone should scoop this up!

We really, need a 'like' button!

Thank you! Someone would surely be happy with this.
Found the window sticker. $4,318.00 new!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9LBqfngWAsFRRb1Y9
Exceptional ride!
Awesome car!! I’d have a very hard time selling that with the history.
Sweet ride for sure
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Awesome car!! I’d have a very hard time selling that with the history.

I've really thought long and hard about that. I can honestly say that ill feel sad when she goes. But, I also don't want to see it just go to pot, sitting in storage.
I had one of those. Awesome car. Mine was yellow with a black vinyl top. It would run a hole in the wind.

Jim
Sweet ride for sure
Originally Posted by texasbatman
I had one of those. Awesome car. Mine was yellow with a black vinyl top. It would run a hole in the wind.

Jim

Lol! Same car when I was in high school! With the hood of a 72 added!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LqXnVdKxKQDCcFtH8
Damn good looking ride...neighborhood looks like my old neighborhood in Suffolk, VA
Originally Posted by Mink
Damn good looking ride...neighborhood looks like my old neighborhood in Suffolk, VA

Thanks! Suffolk is where I deer hunt.

B A D

A Z Z !!
Had a 2 door hardtop once.
Very impressive.
donsm70
Sharp ride right there
In a couple of months during those first warm sunny days of spring a lot of folks will be imagining themselves riding along with the top down.
The will imagine til the words, "I'll take it" come rolling off of their tongue!
Just a guess on my part you understand
Years ago I had a '72 with a 350 rocket in it..... that thing ran like a scalded dog. You have a very nice car!
my first car was a 71 olds cutlass hardtop,was a fast car for a young kid,wish I still had it..Beautiful car that you have..
$4318 in today’s dollars is just over $28K
I had a 70 Lemans converible I bought and kept for about 20 years. Sold it because it was taking up garage space and rarely was driven. It didnt get passed down from my dad.
Took me about 2 days to regret selling it.

My advice would be to change your plans, spend the couple hundred bucks to have the carb rebuilt and DRIVE IT. Sounds like there are a lot of family and personal memories in that car, (not many here could say they are driving their high school car) and you are very likely to have sellers remorse.
Had a 73 Cutlass as my first car, same color with the smaller landau roof and 350 Rocket. Still my favorite car i've ever owned. Wish i had a spare 33k laying around. Any chance you'd take a 57 year old working wife as trade ?
Originally Posted by fellas2
Had a 73 Cutlass as my first car, same color with the smaller landau roof and 350 Rocket. Still my favorite car i've ever owned. Wish i had a spare 33k laying around. Any chance you'd take a 57 year old working wife as trade ?

Just showed this to my wife and she said "no"! 😁.
Originally Posted by fellas2

Can she feed cows and work calves as well as drive a tractor?

Jim
I appreciate all the compliments! Even if the car sells, I'll always have the memories and lots of pictures. I just don't want it to sit and the cash will be nice to add to the mortgage pay off pot.
Pm sent asking for phone number, nice looking ride for sure, first car I ever squealed the tires in was this car, just light blue.
Originally Posted by longshot3
........... I'm in no hurry, or "need" to sell.

Well, that's a huge bummer. Nice ride.
Up
I love the color
Hank
Please! Don't tempt me! I have been dreaming of owning one since May of 1970 when I bought mine,. 1970 Olds Cutlass Supreme, Blue with a black vinyl top, THREE SPEED ON THE COLUMN! Would you deliver it when the snow goes away here in Minnesota?
Originally Posted by Jkob
Please! Don't tempt me! I have been dreaming of owning one since May of 1970 when I bought mine,. 1970 Olds Cutlass Supreme, Blue with a black vinyl top, THREE SPEED ON THE COLUMN! Would you deliver it when the snow goes away here in Minnesota?

I'm sure we could work something out. Pm me if you are serious.
Stewart
I owned the exact same car! Same, same, same. I absolutely loved it! Just showed it to my wife...she had a sly smile and said we had lots of fun in it. Met her while in college in 1975. Damn what a car. That engine was serious and the exhaust had just the right rumble. Sure hope it goes to someone who’ll really enjoy it.
Originally Posted by gkt5450
I owned the exact same car! Same, same, same. I absolutely loved it! Just showed it to my wife...she had a sly smile and said we had lots of fun in it. Met her while in college in 1975. Damn what a car. That engine was serious and the exhaust had just the right rumble. Sure hope it goes to someone who’ll really enjoy it.

That's cool! I hope so as well!
Up
longshot3...we should talk sometime. Unfortunately not in the market for another vehicle right now, but I also live in Hampton Roads (Chesapeake) and do some hunting in Suffolk as well as Waverly and Surry. Just good to connect with others in the same area and with the same interests.
Morning
Originally Posted by swamphunter
longshot3...we should talk sometime. Unfortunately not in the market for another vehicle right now, but I also live in Hampton Roads (Chesapeake) and do some hunting in Suffolk as well as Waverly and Surry. Just good to connect with others in the same area and with the same interests.

Definitely. I'll shoot you a pm
A classic car!

https://classiccars.com/sell-my-car
Starting to warm up. Thought I'd bump this to the top. Any takers in 2021?
Beautiful car!

More photos in the link below. Engine and interior as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JB1MTiUG523xctEw8
Only 4,867 rag tops were made. I wonder how many are still rolling?
A/C & convertible. Nice! Nice car!
Classy classic!!
Oh, baby! Kid in my town had the exact same one with a white top and an electric blue body.

Currently in the process of selling my ‘93 LX 5.0 Mustang, like you just don’t drive it anymore. GLWYS
Beautiful car, longshot. My cousin had a 4-4-2.

GLWS.
Thanks for the compliments!
Norfolk - Virginia?
Originally Posted by Bugger
Norfolk - Virginia?

Yessir
Still available?
Beautiful car. We had a 69 Delta 88 2 door hardtop when I was a kid. My father sold it right before I got my drivers license in 83 - and a bought a 78 Olds station wagon😝
Beautiful car!!!
Originally Posted by mudder700
my first car was a 71 olds cutlass hardtop,was a fast car for a young kid,wish I still had it..Beautiful car that you have..

Same here . My first car was also a 71 Cutlass. I also wish I still had it. Brings back alot of good memories.
Originally Posted by abbydog
Still available?

Sure is!
I've seen that video before. Touching story for sure!
Up
Showed this to my wife. I had the VERY SAME car when we met. I mean same same car. Met her in college in ‘76. Been together ever since. It gave her a bit of twinkle in her eye. We had lots of fun w that ragtop! And that mere 350 Rocket was fast and had a real nice growl. Factory 8 track tape deck was quite the rage!
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Showed this to my wife. I had the VERY SAME car when we met. I mean same same car. Met her in college in ‘76. Been together ever since. It gave her a bit of twinkle in her eye. We had lots of fun w that ragtop! And that mere 350 Rocket was fast and had a real nice growl. Factory 8 track tape deck was quite the rage!

You need this! I'll meet you in Alabama.
GKT, go for it. You Can Do it, You Can Do It All Night Long!!!!!!
That must've been a puzzy magnet in High School!!! grin
Originally Posted by Huntz
That must've been a puzzy magnet in High School!!! grin

Yes, it was! 😎
Did this ever sell, still tempted
© 24hourcampfire