Home
I have the urge to own a 28 ga. over/under shotgun and would like to know if there are any out there sitting in the back corner of a safe and in need of a new home. I am not interested in any of the lower-end brands even though they are quite serviceable shotguns -- Savage, Mossberg, etc. I am at the point in my life where I want something a bit nicer -- Beretta, Browning, etc. But, I am not looking for the really high-end models. I would prefer 30" barrels with choke tubes. PM me what you might have with shipped-to-Wisconsin price. I would also consider a 28 ga. side x side. Thanks.
Tag.
donsm70
Don’t overlook the ruger. Best proportioned and balanced red label they did, IMHO.
Excellent decision! I'm a 28 gauge guy through and through!
My go to bird gun is a Browning Superposed 28" barrels Skeet and Skeet. It's a deadly bird gun. 30-35 yards with 5s or 6's and the pheasants crumble!
My sometimes 28 is a Parker repro. Great gun, but I shoot the Browning so much better.
I wish I kept my Citori Superlight 28 gauge. I love an English stock.
Good luck! Let us know what you decide.......Ed
Forgot about the Ruger -- great gun.
I forgot about the Beretta I had, I really wish I would have kept!
The BL4 is built on a small frame, just a joy to handle and shoot. Tough to find, but not too ridiculously priced......
Cdnnsports has some nice 20 GA over unders .I keep thinking about a 28 GA sxs but have not got one yet .
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Don’t overlook the ruger. Best proportioned and balanced red label they did, IMHO.

Total agreement. A most thoughtful design and scale
Originally Posted by CreekChub
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Total agreement. A most thoughtful design and scale

Agree love mine
I would look into the Rizzini BR110. I have one in 28 gauge and love it.
PM Sent.
I've got a beretta SP1 in 28ga. I'd highly recommend looking at one of those with the scaled down receiver.
In 28ga, I’ve owned a Ruger Red Label, two Browning Citoris, and one Beretta SP.
For me the Beretta with the baby frame is the better of these three. The Browning are nice, but on a 20 ga frame. The Ruger has a scaled frame, but I’d take either of the other two over it.
Pm sent
I have a citori lightning that I had matte blued and oil finish put on the wood if you are interested, couple of scratches from dove season, otherwise in excellent condition
PM sent to Darryle
Here is your huckleberry, great price, superb folks.

https://www.joeletchenguns.com/new-...on-1-field/view/13-silver-pigeon-1-field
[quote=GF1]Here is your huckleberry, great price, superb folks.

https://www.joeletchenguns.com/new-...on-1-field/view/13-silver-pigeon-1-field

That’s a great deal for the perfect 28ga
The only thing that would need “fixing” is the auto safety. But that’s a nothin’ burger with five minutes and a Dremel. I’ve literally done scores of them.
© 24hourcampfire