Home
Had this one in the safe for awhile and decide to list or trade. This was one of the limited Classic Series and around 3,000 were made in year 2000. Absolute mint condition and never fired, only mark I can find is a very tiny safe bump on left side of stock near recoil pad (see pic). It can probably be steamed out.

Will trade for deer caliber Rem 700 Classic, Win 70 NH CRF, pre 64 Win levers or bolts, Marlin JM in 356 or 375, Colt or Pre Lock Revolvers, etc..

$885 shipped

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
More pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Were these 1-12 twist?
I believe so.i have one just like it.
DrDeath: I have one of these Remington 700 Classics in caliber 223 Remington (as well as two of these in caliber 222 Remington along with several other calibers) and my 223 shoots extremely well.
I use the wonderful 50 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets to attain excellent accuracy - I hope that helps because I have NO idea what twist rate the barrel is.
I did look in my 2,019 Remington "MSRP" "SPEC BOOK" and it shows their offering in the 700 SPS (cheap version of the Classic 700 Sporter?) is indeed 1 in 12" twist as are most all offerings in the 700 Varmint line - the lone exception I could find was the Remington 700 VTR (Varmint Tactical Rifle) which comes with a 1 in 9" twist rate.
Again hope this helps.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Were lefthand versions of the Classic ever offered?

sorry for the hijack, just curious.
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Were lefthand versions of the Classic ever offered?

sorry for the hijack, just curious.

None that I am aware of.
Yes, to my knowledge outside of any special releases, all Rem 700 are 1:12 twist for 223.
Every Remington Classic I’ve owned has been a very accurate rifle. And I’ve owned a bunch of them.
Great rifles. Other than the wart (easy fix), Remington got it right with these rifles.

I've had one for several years and had opportunity to be around 2-3 more from 2K (223 versions). All have been very accurate for Remington stock.
Morning bump and price drop...
Let's try

$855 shipped
I have had a few of the Classics, that's a fantastic rifle. GLWS
Evening bump and let's try...

$825 shipped
Morning bump and another price drop... This one needs a new home and great price for rare rifle.

$795 shipped
Evening bump...
Have a new no box 7mag Classic I might be interested in trading. Yes 7mag in Classic configuration.
Sold... Thanks
© 24hourcampfire