Home
Guys,I'm trying to equip myself for a bikepacking trip from Alabama to Colorado. I need a 2 man tent,a good sleeping bag,and cooking gear. I can't afford a lot or I would just buy some new stuff,but I might have a hunting related trade or trade plus cash. Gear needs to be as light as possible for the bicycle, but still able to shelter me on such a trip in case of bad weather.

Thanks a bunch guys
Randy
I have a Wiggy's 20 degree (synthetic fill) sleeping bag I would sell for $100 shipped and insured.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Guys,I'm trying to equip myself for a bikepacking trip from Alabama to Colorado. I need a 2 man tent,a good sleeping bag,and cooking gear. I can't afford a lot or I would just buy some new stuff,but I might have a hunting related trade or trade plus cash. Gear needs to be as light as possible for the bicycle, but still able to shelter me on such a trip in case of bad weather.
Thanks a bunch guys
Randy

How light do you need the tent to be? I have an older 2-man Eureka (A-frame style) in good shape. If my memory isn't totally faulty, I also have an aluminum mess kit if that interests you. Plus, a couple of compact mummy bags - one LLBean down and another synthetic.
I appreciate the offers guys I'll likely leave this add up about a week before I make any decisions.
Make sure you have a waterproof bivy for your bag. If it rains and gets your bag wet you’ll be miserable.
Originally Posted by bamagun01
Make sure you have a waterproof bivy for your bag. If it rains and gets your bag wet you’ll be miserable.

10-4
I suppose a bivy will protect it inside a tent. I'll have waterproof roll top panniers on the bike for transport.
ttt
© 24hourcampfire