Home
I got it as part of a set purchase.
Denver made. Good glass. Touched up nicks and bumps.
2.5x witha fine crosshairs.
I as thinking of putting it on an Encore 45-70
Problem is I have it's twin in an old steel tube Weaver with brass lens rings. One of them belongs on the 45-70.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
65-75 bucks shipped
Thanks, that's a start.
Thinking of the Weaver on a 26" EABCO blued barrel.....
Post and crosshair, duplex, fine crosshair?

Kelly
Originally Posted by John_Boy
I got it as part of a set purchase.
Denver made. Good glass. Touched up nicks and bumps.
I as thinking of putting it on an Encore 45-70
Problem is I have it's twin in an old steel tube Weaver with brass lens rings. One of them belongs on the 45-70.

2.5x or 2.75x?
2.5x power. Fine crosshairs.

The Redfield is waterproof/weatherproof, don’t believe the old Weaver with brass trimmings is.
True, but the old Weaver is just cool looking.....
I sold one in slightly better condition than your for $95 last year. Put in on Gunbroker if it doesn't sell here.
Thanks for the help.
This little boo boo might keep it away from $95

Good scope. 100 shipped
It says Bear Cub on the ocular bell.
Old scope $80 shipped.
1" or 26mm diameter tube?

Redfield got started in the rifle scope business when they bought Kollmorgan's scope business. All of the Kollmorgen Bearcub scopes that I've owned had 26mm tubes and, I believe, so did the early Redfield Bearcubs.
1.022" tube. 26mm. Made between 1959 - 61 from what I can find.
Post Kollmorgen.
It has a serial number.
Looking now for what I can come up with in 26mm rings.
First cure: sell the scope for $85 shipped to the lower 48.
Second solution: A set of very low 26mm rings.
Third solution: someone sell me a set of low to very low rings. Preferably dual dovetail and I'll open them up myself.
Seems like I just sold a set of what I needed.
I've got a set of Leupold dual dovetail to trade.......
26mm rings can be expensive and hard to find, so good luck to you.
That's normally true. I googled and found and old ( 2013 ) topic here on that subject. Mule Deer has used Burris rings with the inserts....
Checking with him now.
I’d keep the Redfield Bear Cub over the old Weaver. Its a much better scope. Redfield continued the quality Kollmorgen had established in the Bear Cub line of scopes. Ebay is your friend ( unfortunately) in finding 26mm rings. IMHO

Originally Posted by John_Boy
True, but the old Weaver is just cool looking.....

Not if one can’t see through it and it ruins a day in the field or a chance at a trophy animal. I’ve learned my lesson (the hard way) with old Weavers.
Both optics are clear. They're to be used on fun rifles. Not hunting rifles. I'd use Leupold for that. Thinking 26" EABCO 45-70 barrel.
However, plans are very fluid......
Mule Deer confirmed that Burris posi align rings will work on a 26mm scope. Not in the mood to mess with it as they aren't made in low, only medium.

$85 shipped to the lower 48.

Burris ZEE rings are headed my way.....
Once again Mule Deer has the solution.
Burris post align rings for the 26mm Redfield.
Thanks also to tpcollins for supplying the rings.

if a issue arises with this scope there is but one repair shop and they want $80. to just look at it and there is a 2 year wait before they look at it...I have already been down that road and it's just impossible and overly expensive to own OLD Redfield scopes...………….
© 24hourcampfire