Home
Smith & Wesson Model 24-3, 4” Barrel, Blue

Perhaps the most desirable .44 Special shooter. Introduced in the mid 1980s, only 2,625 were made with 4” barrels. This revolver combines the latest manufacturing, high polish bluing and best metallurgy with all the redeeming characteristics of the Pre-24, Model 1950 Target .44s. The only significant differences are the last of fourth sideplate screw and addition of model number. Later, ‘Classic’ guns do not compare for quality. This gun shipped from the factory in May of 1984 as per Roy Jinks.

Also made in 6 ½” barrel the 4” is most desirable for convenient packing and rarity. This gun is in very fine condition with no holster wear and a slight turn line on the cylinder. All of the edges are crisp with no bluing loss. The original Goncalo Alves target grips, with silver S&W medallions are attractively grained and nearly new condition with a finely, 10 groove serrated backstrap and forestrap. The case colors on the hammer and trigger are dark and attractive. The 4” barrel has 1/8” Bauman ramp front sight with micrometer click adjustable rear sight and shrouded ejector rod.

The revolver comes with the original serial numbered box that is also in fine condition. Inside the box are found all of the original documents, schematic, parts list, wax paper and unopened tool bag with screwdriver, mop, brush and handle. The box lid is in great shape and all the corners sound and strong.

It is priced at a fair market value of $1250 plus $35 shipping, my FFL to yours via Priority Mail. Payment by Postal Money Order (purchased at the Post Office) Only. Contact Steven D. Hughes by PM, [email protected] or call 406-222-9377

Please excuse dust and minor glare in photos
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Nice Smith bump, very detailed description / pictures ...good luck with the sale !
Please accept my apology for drooling on your pictures. Couldn't help myself.
My favorite revolver, got one
Free “Can’t like a Smith but beautiful gun” bump.
Originally Posted by Jcon72
Please accept my apology for drooling on your pictures. Couldn't help myself.

+1, beautiful Revolver
I have one just like it as well.
Bump it~~~thanks!
Keeping this one up. It's a whole lot of everything.
Sweet
Bump, Thanks!
Once more before auction listing~~~~~~~
Bumpity........................
Thanks again~~~~~~
...try, try again.
Wow I have been looking for this one. Problem is my gunshops are so backed up right now not sure if I could get it.
Tag
Sent you a PM
Oh, well.
I was gone all day, yesterday. Just answered PMs. Revolver still available~~~
[email protected]
If at first....
**SOLD***
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!
© 24hourcampfire