Home
Posted By: MOW Donaldrusin1 scammer - 03/18/20
I posted a WTB for a Leupold scope and Donaldrusin1 sent me a PM. He just joined and has 0 posts, is he a scammer? I didn't open the PM, didn't want to take the chance if there was some backdoor to my computer in the PM.

UPDATE: He is a scammer!!!!!!
Posted By: carlm Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/18/20
Most likely yes.
Posted By: MOW Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/18/20
I didn't open the PM, just deleted it. I put in my WTB to contact me through the post, not to PM me.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/18/20
Anyone with 15 or less posts is suspect.

Thanks, Dinny
Originally Posted by Dinny

I see what you did there.
Posted By: jmd025 Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/18/20
Yep ... trolling WTB ads again .
Posted By: dkhnt Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/18/20
Also, lrlarry is a scammer.
Posted By: MOW Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/18/20

Thanks, Dinny

15 or less post is a good rule. They should set it up so there is no PM function until you have 15 posts and a current member recommendation.
Posted By: USMC2602 Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/18/20
He’s a scammer, told me his buddy Richard in Chicago has the exact rifle I’m looking for, and provided an email address.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/18/20
Originally Posted by MOW

Thanks, Dinny

15 or less post is a good rule. They should set it up so there is no PM function until you have 15 posts and a current member recommendation.

Now that you have 16 posts you're alright with me. Especially now I know you're initials are MOW. Never knew your middle name was Orenthal, lol
Posted By: RJL53 Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/18/20
Originally Posted by MOW

Thanks, Dinny

30 or 50 posts would be better, maybe someone should mention the idea to Mr Bin
I got one too.
Hi you can reach out to Richard in chicago he has the Skinner Peep Sights for Marlin 1894 for sale this is his email address [email protected] good luck
It's amazing the variety of items these guys stock. NOT!
Posted By: ShortMag11 Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/18/20
Originally Posted by USMC2602
He’s a scammer, told me his buddy Richard in Chicago has the exact rifle I’m looking for, and provided an email address.

Same tactic but a different name. His name was Jason a few weeks ago and he responded to my WTB Berger bullets telling me to contact Richard in Chicago. Freaking scumbag!
Posted By: tws3b2 Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/19/20
I have been looking for gun parts for the last year and have run into several of these scumbag scammers. They have not got me yet but I really have pay attention and not let my guard down. Just wondering , why do they want you contact someone else? I had one give me a email address a couple weeks ago. I did try to contact the guy but never heard anything from him. Racenjason is another piece of scum to watch out for.
Posted By: khough Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/19/20
Originally Posted by RJL53
30 or 50 posts would be better, maybe someone should mention the idea to Mr Bin

I think that you have to use some common sense when it comes to someone that sends you a PM and gives you an email address of someone that has what you're looking for. This same scenario has happened to me on here recently and I immediately looked at their join date and post count, they joined the previous day and had zero posts. I have always had great transactions on here and hope to continue to in the future. By reading posts like this one I've learned what situations to avoid. I like that the members that have been a part of this community for a long while are protective of it and help herd these guys out into the open for all to see what they really are. I also would like to say that I find a lot of these posts very entertaining as well as informative!
Posted By: MOW Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/19/20
Originally Posted by MOW

Thanks, Dinny

Now that you have 16 posts you're alright with me. Especially now I know you're initials are MOW. Never knew your middle name was Orenthal, lol

Nope, family name, four letters: O - - n.
Posted By: mow1954 Re: Donaldrusin1 scammer??? - 03/19/20
Those look like good initials to me.....
© 24hourcampfire