Home
Posted By: RS308MX WTB - Ithaca Model 49 - 03/26/20
I have a friend who owned one as a kid. At 64 he wants one again. Anyone have one kicking around? Any condition considered.
Posted By: Troutnut Re: WTB - Ithaca Model 49 - 03/26/20
Shouldn't be a tough find. Ive got them in 22 lr and 22 wmr . The magnum was the first gun i ever shot. Fun little rifles.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: WTB - Ithaca Model 49 - 03/27/20
Bump 1
Posted By: Skunkman Re: WTB - Ithaca Model 49 - 03/27/20
They are not hard to find, just most are pricey now a days. We have a few,and I can relate to the gentleman wanting one. It was my first rifle also. I am not too far from you. If you don't find one before this virus stuff slows down,i would part with one for him at a very reasonable price. Just something to consider if you cannot find one sooner.
Posted By: kennymauser Re: WTB - Ithaca Model 49 - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by Skunkman
They are not hard to find, just most are pricey now a days. We have a few,and I can relate to the gentleman wanting one. It was my first rifle also. I am not too far from you. If you don't find one before this virus stuff slows down,i would part with one for him at a very reasonable price. Just something to consider if you cannot find one sooner.

Nice offer Skunkman !
Posted By: RS308MX Re: WTB - Ithaca Model 49 - 03/27/20
Thank you Skunkman! I may take you up on that.
Posted By: glosto Re: WTB - Ithaca Model 49 - 03/27/20
Interesting, I just went through the same situation except it was my cousin that got a Ithaca 49 for Christmas when we were kids. While remodling his home a couple years ago his was in storage and got stolen. I finally found him one and surprised him with it as a gift. I gave $175. for it.
Posted By: Skunkman Re: WTB - Ithaca Model 49 - 03/27/20
I got my first one in the late 60's in Clear Lake City, Texas, as a gift from my Father. I had it locked in the trunk of a car in Erie PA. around 1977 and mine got stolen also. I have been looking for that rifle ever since. LOL
Posted By: camphor Re: WTB - Ithaca Model 49 - 03/28/20
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...er-action-22-new-in-the-box#Post14312887

This is the Ithaca model 72A lever action repeater - would this work for your buying friend?
Posted By: agoneyl Re: WTB - Ithaca Model 49 - 05/05/20
Did you find one? If not let me know, I have a 49R that I would part with.
© 24hourcampfire