Home
I'm prepared for the zombie attack apocalypse, but I'm wasn't prepared for the panic buy of hand sanitizer. I really need some. I have an order in at Amazon but I doubt it will get here any time soon.

I need to preface this. My oldest daughter has pretty severe respiratory issues. When her ailments flare she has been hospitalized a half dozen times in her short 9 year old life because of it. I'm trying my hardest to keep us free from C19 because I have a genuine and sincere fear of it hitting our house. In all my preparation, I never would have thought I'd have a hard time getting some hand sanitizer. Your help could literally be a life or death matter in my house.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

As such, I'm prepared to donate a good portion of my time in custom leather for a very one sided trade. I'll also cover supply cost. That is how much this means to me. I will be happy to build you some custom leather for a goodly portion (about a gallon of it) for at least 65% alcohol sanitizer. I don't want to feed the price gougers and I'm hoping this offer will motivate a good trade even though I realize a custom leather project costs quite a bit more than a goodly portion of hand sanitizer.

I will build you a custom sheath for your favorite knife (I will need the knife) or a hand made, 1.5" heavy duty concealed carry/gun belt to your size. I have lots of references if you need.

Thanks for your consideration,

Todd Thayn
How much do you need? I’ll send you a couple bottles for nothing. I hardly use the stuff.
Originally Posted by kingston
How much do you need? I’ll send you a couple bottles for nothing. I hardly use the stuff.

What a kind offer. I will be glad to pay shipping and compensate you for the bottles.

I'm hoping to get about a gallon of it to hold us over until it starts hitting the shelves again.

P.M. sent and thank you so much.

Todd
PM Sent
Email me your address, I can get you a care package shipped out on Monday!

[email protected]
Good job guys. That's whats important right now. Helping out who we can and taking care of each other.

Awesome leather work you do by the way.
-Jake
Originally Posted by Jason280
Email me your address, I can get you a care package shipped out on Monday!

[email protected]

I sent you an email.

I really appreciate the help. Big time. I have 3 packages coming so far and I bet that will hold us over for a while. I really appreciate the help. More then I can express.

Thank you all again.

Todd
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Good job guys. That's whats important right now. Helping out who we can and taking care of each other.

Awesome leather work you do by the way.
-Jake

I appreciate the words Jake. Thanks for the note.

Todd
I don’t have any to send, but I have a recipe. 1/3 cup aloe Vera gel and 2/3 cup alcohol (91% or higher alcohol). Mix in a blender. Add 5 drops of vitamin E oil or essential oil if desired.

Here’s the cool part, 190 proof grain alcohol (like everclear) can be substituted for the alcohol.

Aloe Vera gel is available on Amazon.

Good luck!
Not sure where you are located but if there is any distilleries around,most have switched over to making sanitizer.
Around here they are setting up first responders first,but with any medical situation,I'm sure they will step up.
Good luck. And great job guys.

edit to add,,,nice looking leather...
isopropyl automotive gas line antifreeze[px99, heet red bottle is 99% alcohol.
Look up Consan 20. It may be available online.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?399337-How-I-Destroy-the-Covid-19-Virus

Thanks, Dinny
everclear is still on the shelves here
I don't have hand sanitizer, but would be interested in purchasing a sheath from you! Do you have a website?
Things like this make me wish I had hoarded the stuff, so I could give it out to people who need it! Hope you get all you need BTW very nice work. If you sell I'd be interested in some stuff
If your in need of any more hand sanitizer, or need some surgical masks or something let me know. I would be more than glad to send you some. I have plenty of masks as the hospital gave me last fall a couple boxes that were expired( they don’t really expire per the guy that created the n95).

Also make sure you go ahead and get a refill or two of any inhalers or nebulizer solutions she uses. From what the pharmacists at work are telling us there will be a shortage in most areas very soon.
If you still need more please let us know. There is a distillery here making it, and I just picked up a quart for 10.00 you are welcome to. Like the others stated, I would be interested in purchasing a custom sheath for a knife or two if you sell them. Prayers to your family.
Sorry I don't have any to send you. Looks like the crew is doing their best to help, which is why this is a great site and the best people. All the best to you, your family and everyone on the 24.
I made it with aloe and 151 Rum. Everclear was sold out and my guy said they took it off his order list.
I have some Purell 5392 pouches you can have if you need more. You will need a dispenser which I can send as well, standing offer so if you have enough now but need more in the future, let me know.
This place is like a family. We nag, bitch, growl at each other but the moment a genuine need shows up, we stand together. Very proud to be part of the Campfire right now.
Wow!! What a way to step up and help someone in need!! Hand sanitizer definitely helps, but hand washing is more effective. Way to go guys!!
It’s just Alcohol in a suspension base. Alcohol on a cotton ball was always the routine prior to inoculation.

Why do you need a marketed product? Go to the drug store & get some Alcohol.
I work in healthcare. you can use ever clear on your hands to sanitize. Just pour some on a cotton ball and wipe your hands down.
Most alcohols you drink are not strong enough to kill it but this one is.
If you haven’t gotten enough, send me a pm. I have some hand sanitizer that I can send. No trade or payment necessary
Wow! What a show! I can’t tell you all how humbled I am.

Thank you all for the advise, offers and interest. I sent messages to those interested in some custom leather work. I wasn’t trying to pimp my craft but again, I’m very humbled by the interest in it and I’d be happy to help you out with some custom leather if I can.

I knew there are some home brew solutions, but with a two year old and six year old in the house as well, it’s just easier for us to use the factory bottles and product. If it comes to making our own, I will definitely look to the advice offered here. I do believe we have plenty for our needs on the way. I took the first three gents up on their offers. Not one of them wants anything in return. If our situation changes, I will not hesitate to reach out to you fine folks again. I am deeply touched by all of your generosity.

Thanks,

From the Thayn’s

hunter i just saw this do you need any more if so i will try to find so here and send it to you pm me your phone # if you do
Such a great response!
I always tend to find the nicest people somewhere around guns and hunters.
Happy Easter Fellas,
Ed
Beautiful gesture and a beautiful family God bless
I have some if you need anymore just PM me and it's your for your little girl, no trade needed.
You're welcome to mine. I've got a couple. Nothing in return. Let me know. -tnscouter
I've got bleach also if you need that. I'll just need to figure out how to ship it. Again nothing in return. -tnscouter
Good hand washing is better than hand sanitizers, and there is a large body of research to back that up if you don't believe me or the CDC (many referenced in this article):

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me-the-science-hand-sanitizer.html
Also have 42 one gallons bottles of 91% isopropyl alcohol
Hand washing is great( it’s even better than hand sanitizer), but rather impractical a lot of times. Hand sanitizer is for these impractical times.

I have 3 kids as well and it’s a necessity for them when your out and about. Heck even if they wash there hands in the bathroom they use hand sanitizer as well.

I’m sure everyone believes you, it’s just that there is a time and place for hand sanitizer. Especially with kids.
Originally Posted by tojohn
Good hand washing is better than hand sanitizers, and there is a large body of research to back that up if you don't believe me or the CDC (many referenced in this article):

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me-the-science-hand-sanitizer.html

Yep. You are 100% right. I sure wish I could convince my 2 year old and 6 year old of this. We've told that until we are blue in the face since they were born. Just like any kid, they are not perfect with that practice and that could get my oldest daughter killed in todays world. We can convince them to "sanitize" much easier. It helps and sanitizer definitely has its place in our household.

Thank you all again for your input and help.

Todd
If you end up needing more, please post it up. I have access to a distillery on my UPS route that is giving me free hand sanitizer that they are making. I can get you all you would ever need.

Chris
© 24hourcampfire