Home
Posted By: HOBO WTB Ruger Hawkeye Compact LH - 04/18/20
Trying to find one in 7-08 or something similar for 10 yr old birthday present. I know they were making them in several different calibers in 2009 but I can’t find one anywhere. Not in left hand at least. Might have to go Tikka or model 7. Thanks for any help with this.
Ruger never made a LH compact model Hawkeye, Ruger made the American compact model in LH but do not know if it has been discontinued.

Similar to this 7-08 if you can find one buy it think they are long gone. https://www.gricegunshop.com/rug6934-ruger-american-cmpt-all-wthr-7mm08-18-matte-sts-lh.html

Hobo PM sent

Originally Posted by HOBO
Trying to find one in 7-08 or something similar for 10 yr old birthday present. I know they were making them in several different calibers in 2009 but I can’t find one anywhere. Not in left hand at least. Might have to go Tikka or model 7. Thanks for any help with this.
I assume you're also referring to the Remington Model 7 -- that has NEVER been manufactured in a left-handed version.

Compact left-handed 7mm-08s are very few and far between and never available in the Ruger 77 Hawkeye. Your compact choices are likely going to be the Ruger American (discontinued), Remington 700 SPS Compact/Youth, Browning X-Bolt Micro Midas, Browning A-Bolt Micro Hunter (discontinued), or a Savage of some flavor.

Standard weight/size left-handed 7mm-08s offer a few more choices; Ruger 77 Hawkeye (discontinued), Sako 591 (long discontinued and pricey, but nice), Browning A-Bolt Hunter (discontinued), Browning X-Bolt Hunter, Tikka T3/T3x, Savage, Ruger American, MRC (discontinued and a little pricey).
You would be just as well off with a 6.5 CM and probably have more options, but I'm not sure. Unfortunately for us lefties, the options are very limited in factory offerings
It isn't a compact model, but I have a NIB LH Ruger 77 Hawkeye in 7mm-08 that I don't have plans for. Will send you a pm.
© 24hourcampfire