Home
I'm putting this one up as I don't really have a need for a 300 RUM. I don't believe this one has been fired; the muzzle is spotless and the screws are still in the scopemount holes.

The Alaskan Wilderness rifles were a variation on the KS Mountain Rifle, except in all black with TriNyte electroless Nickel alloy finish for weather resistance. They use an aluminum bedding clock for rigidity, and either a 40X or Pro-X trigger, depending on the manufacture date.

This one weighs 7.1 lbs on my digital scale. I have a set of Talley lightweight one-piece 1"scopemounts I will include. If recoil is a concern, I have a brake from one of my KS Mountain Rifles that I can include....just have the muzzle threaded by your local gunsmith.

$1,249 shipped

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Now this is tempting....
Great configuration here!
Great price! Mine was very accurate!
Killer rifle.
I've had a number of KS rifles from the Custom Shop, and if you couldn't get them to 1/2" or better, it wasn't the rifle :-)
Nice rifle Jon. Someone should buy this!!!
Deal of day here!
Del, it doesn't weigh 12 lbs...you wouldn't like it :-)
A good buddy shot a nice brown bear with this exact rifle.

I witnessed it.. range was approximately 125 yds.

Bear went plop on a river bank.

Great right rifle and deal here.
Definitely tempting! Very nice!
Great rifles. I had one just like it in 7MM RUM and though not intolerable, they are light enough to recoil with some speed and "sharpness", but macho guys won't even notice. wink
Yes, it might be worth having the brake fitted, at least for bench work and practice.
Sweet rifle bump
Thanks, just don't need it. I was quite the impulse buyer at one time....getting practical in my old age :-)
Originally Posted by Biebs
Thanks, just don't need it. I was quite the impulse buyer at one time....getting practical in my old age :-)

I am calling BS on the getting practical!!!!!
I have almost 3 full boxes of Remington premium 180 scirocco ammo I will give the rifle buyer a deal on.
(Quote) I am calling BS on the getting practical!!!!! (Quote)

I'll compare safes with you....mine has lots of room now :-)
Is that barrel fluted?
Originally Posted by cjkostic
Is that barrel fluted?

The original AWR (this rifle) has a plain barrel. The AWR II has the fluted barrel. I much prefer the original AWR.
Up for a fantastic deal.
Yes, the barrel would need to be a heavier profile to allow for fluting.
Back around
Someone needs this big 30 ...
I've decided to keep it. It covers both the 300 WM and 338 slot in capabilities, so it's worth keeping.
Originally Posted by Biebs
I've decided to keep it. It covers both the 300 WM and 338 slot in capabilities, so it's worth keeping.

I think we call this “rationalization.”
I’m well versed. grin
Good decision!!!
👍
I've decided to keep it.

Very intelligent decision.
© 24hourcampfire