Home
I ha e for sale a pre-safety Marlin 336 in 35 Rem. Has a 16” barrel. Short and very handy. Excellent condition. $840 shipped conus.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cool
That is a nice one!!!!!!!!!
Did it come from factory like that or was barrel shortened?
That's just cool as ice water....
What is the serial number prefix?
Looks like a mid 70's model cut down.
Marlin made 16" barreled 336's. They were called Trapper models and for a short time Marlin also made a 16" Murader model. The difference was in the pistol grip.
The serial number will determine factory or not.
Nice reppretation regardless.
Originally Posted by limabean
Did it come from factory like that or was barrel shortened?

Very cool little rifle, but definitely not factory. That is a 1970s 336. The 35 Marauders were made in 1964 and had a straight grip. To my knowledge Marlin never made a 16" barrel 35 other than the Marauder. Still, very neat little carbine from a time when Marlin's were put together right.
What he said
Serial prefix is 72.
1972 model
Originally Posted by mjac
Marlin made 16" barreled 336's. They were called Trapper models and for a short time Marlin also made a 16" Murader model. The difference was in the pistol grip.

Winchester made the Trappers
Originally Posted by Horryleverman
Originally Posted by mjac

Winchester made the Trappers

Correct. I was thinking of Marlin's model 1895 Trapper with it's 16.5' barrel. My apologies for confusing it with a 336.
That thing's a perfect behind the pick-up seat "get off me!" in a stout caliber... very cool old school presentation. I Sure wish it was the real deal.

Just for further educational purposes and if anyone wants to know if they happen to stumble across a real one!

Marauders had a 16.25" barrel (regulated). Front Barrel band was in "front" of the front sight. Prefixes W,Y,and Z for 1963-1964. 3828 were made in 30-30 and 2028 in 35 REM

I've managed to get a hold of two in 30-30, but haven't found a 35 REM (yet). They are hard to track down and I've been looking for a long time... Beware of correct prefix counterfeits cause they are out there......

Happy hunting!
Consensus appears it was cut.... still nice though. Can we see a pic of the crown and couple of the front sight to see how the work was done. Also, can you put a tape measure next to it so we can see how the 16" length is.... dont want it under legal.
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Consensus appears it was cut.... still nice though. Can we see a pic of the crown and couple of the front sight to see how the work was done. Also, can you put a tape measure next to it so we can see how the 16" length is.... dont want it under legal.

I’ll get some pics posted sometime tomorrow. Original owner had the work done by SSK. If one didn’t know any better, you’d think it left the factory this way. Very clean.
Tag
Tag
Any trade interests? I have a Win M70 Classic FW in 280 I'd trade ya.

Thanks, Dinny
Barrel measures between 16-1/8” and 16-1/4”.

Originally Posted by Dinny

Thanks, Dinny

No trades at the moment. This covid crap has my pocket book a little thin. Thank you for the offer though.
Originally Posted by Duvel
Originally Posted by Dinny

Thanks, Dinny

No trades at the moment. This covid crap has my pocket book a little thin. Thank you for the offer though.

That makes for two of us...

Thanks, Dinny
Price drop... $800 shipped
Tag
I’ll offer 60 day layaway if it helps anyone out. I know times are rough for some.
i wish it was a 75

i have been looking for a 75 35 rem
Bump...
Bump for an excellent caliber!
That is beautiful.
Bump...
Bump... I would consider a trade for one of the newer Winchester 70 Alaskans in 375 H&H.
Bump...
Price drop... $750 shipped
I’d also consider trade for an HK USP compact in 9mm or 40.
It's 35 Rem day! Let's get this one sold too.

Dinny
Bump...
Withdrawn. Off to gunbroker
Did it sell on GB?

Thanks, Dinny
© 24hourcampfire