Home
I purchased a lot of (250) .264 magnum brass here a year or so ago from a seller that regularly sells brass in batches of 250. Just got around to working with it. I'm sure a bunch of guys here have also purchased brass from the same seller. My question is, is anyone having any problems with loose primer pockets besides me? So far I'm running almost 50% too loose for another use. Not a big cash outlay, more just a nuisance having to sort and deal with.

Was wondering what the consensus is and if anyone has had similar luck.
Several times I have bought from him in different calibers.

Not a glitch with any primer holes in probably 1,250 pcs of brass.

If you're talking about the ones with the circular pressure testing marks, yes, I've two batches.

I have had no loose primer pockets.

One batch was FC, the other RP.
I’ve bought 308, 30-06, 7 Rem Mag and all was excellent. No issues and I would buy more for any cartridges I needed.
Just one batch of Winchester 7 Rem Mag and not 2 loose primer pocket.
I’ve probably purchased 2,000 cases by now with no problems.
no issue with that brass for me, good stuff, great price
I have had no issues with her product
I bought a batch of 6.5 CM and had no loose primers. I did have 1 mistaken .308 and 2 split necks in this batch but no other issues.
I've purchased 3k between 300blk, 30-06, 44mag, 357 mag, no issues
send them back to me if there is a problem with the cases.
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I’ve probably purchased 2,000 cases by now with no problems.

Me too- everything from 357mag to 556....never an issue

I’ve bought 44, 223, 30-06, 7 mag and probably others with zero issues.
No issues with my 7 mag brass. Everything tight, and I get Itty bitty groups with it.
Money well spent.

Glad he's offering a return !
Great seller.
Probably bought around 2000,never an issue with any of the the brass,but the older Winchester primers that were on the recall I had were slightly smaller in dia. and they fit loose.The new ones are tight now.
All smiles here- great seller!
I bought 250 264 mag brass from him, have had a chance to reload any yet.
Many orders and no issue other than I had 7 o6 brass in with my 270 but he threw in a few extra.
I have bought at least 2000 rounds of brass from Crod1972, various calibers from .44 mag to .308W. No problems, zero, nada. I will buy more.
Originally Posted by crod1972

Good morning. That's a fine gesture and I appreciate it, but that wasn't my intention by starting the thread. The bigger reason was I was wanting to see if you were a good resource for mine and a buddies brass needs in the future. Even at 50% loss I'll till have enough 264 brass to last a while.
Don't try to back pedal...

I bought 223 brass from crod and there were a good many that had loose primer pockets but I knew beforehand buying fired brass that was used in pressure testing that may happen.
Originally Posted by RDW
Don't try to back pedal...

???
Bought many and never a problem. I am assuming all these loose primer pockets are before YOUR first firing? Or after your first firing? A too hot load can open up the pocket diameter with one firing.
I had problems with some 35 Rem brass I bought, but knowing it has a small shoulder and chambers vary, I foreformed them and they fit my chamber like a glove now.

No fault of the seller, just a risk we take when buying anything used.

Thanks, Dinny
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Good morning. That's a fine gesture and I appreciate it, but that wasn't my intention by starting the thread. The bigger reason was I was wanting to see if you were a good resource for mine and a buddies brass needs in the future. Even at 50% loss I'll till have enough 264 brass to last a while.

I've bought between 1000 and 1500 cases, maybe more, including 500 264 cases, nary a problem. granted, I haven't reloaded many of the 264 yet as I just completed the rifle. Now who offers a refund on once fired brass, Unheard of!

I'm a repeat buyer because I trust that these are indeed once fired cases. Got burned several years ago by some one else who sold me "once fired" cases that all split upon resizing!

Can't wait for the next batch of 6.5 creed, just picked up a Weatherby I want to load for.
A quick follow up, it occurred to me that I ran into a similar issue once where I actually bought 1000 primers that were a tad undersized. Thought it was oversized primer pockets on brand new brass. Have also run into slightly oversized primers.
Have purchased several batches...no problems whatsoever other than in one batch of Federal, there were a couple WW cases, which was absolutely no issue for me since there were 4 or 5 over the advertised total anyway.
Originally Posted by abilene
Bought many and never a problem. I am assuming all these loose primer pockets are before YOUR first firing? Or after your first firing? A too hot load can open up the pocket diameter with one firing.

Yes abilene, before I fired them, primed them after processing. Like I said before, crod offers this brass cheap, I am not complaining, just wanting to know for future purchases because of the inconvenience.
Another nod for Crod grin Great seller...no issues
I'll add my .02 to this. I have 6000+ cases in several calibers that I have bought from Crod over the years. Have given some to friends and used some. So far no issues with any of it by any of us.
Thaine
I’ve bought between 1500-2000 cases in various calibers. Yes, there are sometimes few headstamps that are different (I.e. purchase W-W but find a few R-P), or a 270 in a 30-06 batch. I’ve also found a few split necks, but no issues with primer pockets except maybe less than a handful in over a thousand. I’m pretty sure you would find that many loose in new brass. Another issue I had was necks splitting on my first or second firing. Never had necks split so early on in their lifecycle. I started annealing all the once-fires brass I purchased, and haven’t had any issues since.

As others have said, I believe the brass is a great bargain and will buy again if needed. You just have to take the time to go though it.
Same here, at least 3K over the years, and have never had an issue. I actually watch the classifieds for his adds for brass I need. Great seller.
Originally Posted by cowman
Another nod for Crod grin Great seller...no issues

The Crod nod!
Bought several and have never had any issues. I'll gladly keep buying brass from him.
Thanks for all the compliments.

Just remember I am the only one that goes through and sorts all this brass. And I am sure I miss stuff that is why I always throw in extra. I have always said if your not happy just send it back.

But as with buying anything used you must inspect every case before using.
I bought a bundle of Hdy 6.5 CM Brass. Have had a few with loose primer pockets and a few that have a cut in the brass that looks like a hacksaw ran across it? Overall still very inexpensive and a few culls is no problem to me.
I’ve bought a good bit, even 264’s, no loose pockets.

I bet if you contact him, he will make good on it Roy.
I purchased quiet a few and 7mm RM with FC head stamp had loose primer pockets while using Winchester primers but I had a feeling this was due to pressure tests, I used CCI and Fed primers and solved the problem, Winchester primers seem to be just a bit smaller. Other than that seems like fine brass.
I had problems with primers using my dillion 550 .I asked them and they said lots of bad primers .The cci were soft to me so was Winchester primers .
Have purchased a bunch!
Never a problem with any....
With so many successful and happy customers, sounds like bad luck on yours

Yes abilene, before I fired them, primed them after processing. Like I said before, crod offers this brass cheap, I am not complaining, just wanting to know for future purchases because of the inconvenience.

BS, you're a drama queen dipping her toe in the pond looking to see if you can find anyone else to pile up on a well know seller here. No dice. .264 WM, seriously? Ya cause that's not a burner.........
[quote=78CJ
BS, you're a drama queen dipping her toe in the pond looking to see if you can find anyone else to pile up on a well know seller here. No dice. .264 WM, seriously? Ya cause that's not a burner.........[/quote]

Fucquesticks like you give the campfire a bad name.

See that little "L" on the brass on the left? That stands for loose dipsheit. Does that look like almost 50% to you or do you need me to count them for you?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

My God is everyone drinking already or just angry in general?

Just remember I am the only one that goes through and sorts all this brass. And I am sure I miss stuff that is why I always throw in extra. I have always said if your not happy just send it back.

Just to set the record straight, this isn't some bullshit thread I started for spite or some sheit. Ignore the [bleep] on here. here's the one's I've primed so far, about 50% are loose. The "L" on the brass on the left tells me to chuck them after firing them. Who the F cares anyway, as long as it's not the norm no problem. I just didn't want to keep buying them if this was the norm.

I've never seen a callout thread end without drama here...
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

My God is everyone drinking already or just angry in general?

GFY
So did you pack em up and send them back to the seller? No....why not? No drama in that
Yep, any other one in the dumper. I have had no issues, but I have had some primers that seem loose in some brass. I switched to another primer and no issues. Not saying you don't know what you are seeing, but have seen a batch of small primers before. Yes the 264 Win Mag with a full load does send some fire. Some batches of brass is better than others as well.
Thanks for all the free press, no seriously FIREBALL2 send me your address and tell me how many cases are loose and I will replace them.
Originally Posted by Dinny
I've never seen a callout thread end without drama here...

Not a callout thread on a $65 batch of brass. But if it had been consistent across the board for everyone a 50% loss, you'd want to know. If I had 50 good brass for the 264 I'd be set for life so no skin off my back.
Pete53 suggested I try Remington primers, they may be larger.
Originally Posted by wagner
So did you pack em up and send them back to the seller? No....why not? No drama in that

F off dipsheit.
Thanks for all the free press, no seriously FIREBALL2 send me your address and tell me how many cases are loose and I will replace them.

It sounds like a fluke. Not your fault and I'm more than happy with half of 250 for what you charge. Truth be told, I won't wear out the one's I have here considering the rifle weighs so damn much I doubt it'll get carried much.

LOL

Then
This thread “did not” need to be created in the first place. If crod’s product was junk, there would’ve already been a call out thread started years ago to warn people, and he would’ve been run off, because he would not have been able to sell his goods here.

Simple common sense…

With that being said, you should’ve realized that fact, and contacted him through PM instead of starting this thread, and he could’ve suggested trying different primers to solve the issue, like many here have suggested.

Crod is a AAAAA +++++ quality individual.
Glad you guys are all so smart. Remember I'm third from the the dumbest guy on the campfire. Go easy.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

#blessit

Just to set the record straight, this isn't some bullshit thread I started for spite or some sheit. Ignore the [bleep] on here. here's the one's I've primed so far, about 50% are loose. The "L" on the brass on the left tells me to chuck them after firing them. Who the F cares anyway, as long as it's not the norm no problem. I just didn't want to keep buying them if this was the norm.

LMAO.
It sounds like a fluke. Not your fault and I'm more than happy with half of 250 for what you charge. Truth be told, I won't wear out the one's I have here considering the rifle weighs so damn much I doubt it'll get carried much.

Tick tock.
Glad you guys are all so smart. Remember I'm third from the the dumbest guy on the campfire. Go easy.

We are just f.ucking around, Roy. Dont go off in a road rage.shut the f.uck up
I can't wait for the next time crod posts some 264 brass!

Thanks, Dinny
I bought some 06 last year. The internal radius scribe bothered me. I wrote him and he refunded immediately.
I donated the brass as he did not want to return ship.
The dude is all right with me and I think I over reacted and will buy again

When the third stupidest poster on the Campfire asks the rest of the stupidest posters about brass that doesn’t meet his standards, you got to ask yourself why he isn’t the first stupidest person on the Campfire.
Originally Posted by HitnRun

When the third stupidest poster on the Campfire asks the rest of the stupidest posters about brass that doesn’t meet his standards, you got to ask yourself why he isn’t the first stupidest person on the Campfire.

Hey, the competition is fierce with this crowd. I mean Alwaysoutdicked has got #1 locked up tight, and there's 35 guys vying for the #2 spot. I feel damn lucky to lock up #3.
I blame CHI-NA....and the CHOP-FLU-EY

My better judgement says leave it alone....But

In summary:
crod1972 is a top shelf brass seller

Fireball2 is trying to troubleshoot an issue he's having with loose primers

crod1972 has stood tall and offered to replace brass

Fireball2 is not looking for a handout and primer issue provided as an alternate

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all!
CHI VI!!!!!
Only bitch I've ever had with crod's deals is he usually isn't selling what I need when I need it. And when He does, I'm usually too late to take advantage of it. What I have gotten from him has always been at great pricing, shipped fast and well packaged, and with no problems. I have a lifetime supply of most calibers I use now and have just barely made a dent in all the 30-30 I've gotten from him. He sure came through a few years back when most any brass was hard to come by and or way over priced.

Phil
Originally Posted by JAT

In summary:

Fireball2 is not looking for a handout and primer issue provided as an alternate

Thank you JAT. It's nice to see someone able to be objective.
Bump
This thread established 3 things.
crod is a standup guy i would buy from anytime
FB2 is a stand up guy i have dealt with many times
There are many girlymen that get puzzyhurt over things that dont pertain to them
Carry on
#nodramainprivatemessages
Originally Posted by JAT

In summary:

THE END

I’ve purchased 2500? from Stacey with no problems. I certainly haven’t loaded all of it, but for the price I’m willing to cull quite a few. Ships promptly, good feedback and communication. I’ve never actually counted any to verify, but don’t care to.

I’ll buy again when I see 22-250.
Never a problem with the thousands I've bought.

crod is top notch
Just bought another 250, Thanks Crod!
Originally Posted by deerstalker
This thread established 3 things.
crod is a standup guy i would buy from anytime
FB2 is a stand up guy i have dealt with many times
There are many girlymen that get puzzyhurt over things that dont pertain to them
Carry on

Hold on there good buddy. You don't fit the narrative.
I’ve bought about 5000. A very few I’ve culled , rest are fine
I bought a bunch of 270 Winchester. I guess I’m gay.
Originally Posted by hanco
I bought a bunch of 270 Winchester. I guess I’m gay.

I was waiting for a 270 discussion. Lol
I purchased 264 WM primed brass from Crod1972 twice. I fired a few and got a primer leak, at this point I de primed all the brass and as I use it, I reprime with Federal 215M. Never a leak again. Problem was Winchester using to small diameter primers after they dropped Nickle Primer coating.
© 24hourcampfire