Home
For sale is a Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 rifle scope. Matte finish. Never been mounted and is in like new condition with the original box and lens covers. Will sell for $280 shipped. First I'll take it posted will get first precedents. Payment by money order, personal check, or paypal (f&f or add 3%). This is a fake from China. The serial number has no prefix or suffix indicating a knockoff. Feel free to shoot an offer if interested.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]_DSC7383 by Bb Bellon, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]_DSC7384 by Bb Bellon, on [bleep]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]_DSC7385 by Bb Bellon, on [bleep][spoiler][/spoiler]
Posted By: Joe_S Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/25/20
What distance do they set the parallax to on these?

Thanks for the save!!
Sorry but that is fake.
Lndex???
Posted By: RAS Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/25/20
Originally Posted by Vasquez956
Sorry but that is fake.

Unfortunately, I think this is true.
Posted By: GF1 Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/25/20
- No letter date code in suffix of serial number

- “L” looks a bit off shade

- No serial number nor reticle listed on box end

- “Lndex”
ROR.....
Originally Posted by spence1875
Lndex???
Posted By: BB3 Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/25/20
Well shoot. Any offers for a fake leupold?
Posted By: broomd Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/25/20
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
ROR.....

Ha! That's funny...
Posted By: Dinny Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/25/20
100% fake!
I'll pay $10.00 for shipping
Does it have both adjustment turrets? What reticle?

I'll be the A-hole to ask, how does it track? laugh
Originally Posted by River_Ridge

I'll be the A-hole to ask, how does it track? laugh

Probably better than an actual Leupold.... grin
Posted By: cisco1 Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/25/20

Send it to BIG DICK, he has all Leupold fakes.
You could help many here avoid the same fate if you could describe the circumstances that led you to be saddled with this fake scope.
Watch Ebay
Posted By: BB3 Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/25/20
I purchased this on a local classified. Both I and the seller thought it was legit. I have never seen a fake one, thought they were far and few between but apparently not. Lesson learned: Always check the serial number for that prefix/suffix and that the box is free of spelling errors.
Posted By: rmb721 Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/26/20
There are a lot of fakes around.

On this one, the power ring is backwards from a real Leupold. Leupolds turn clockwise to increase power.

Turret caps are too high.

Serial numbers are not on the corner on a real Leupold.

Leupold has Index Matched lens, not LNDEX

Even when there are letters in the serial number, some are fakes. As far as I know, on a lot of faked scopes, letters are AA and AB.

On E-bay, if it says from China, It is fake.

When not sure, call Leupold or send them an e-mail. Phone number is 1-800-Leupold
Posted By: RAS Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/26/20
I talked to a Leupold rep about these once. It hurts them because buyers are weary of fakes that many don’t know the difference to. They will tell you right away if you have a fake or not.

Just another reason to love our friends the Chinese Communists. You know, the Chinese really care a lot about the American worker. I can’t wait to buy more of their stuff.
Posted By: Dinny Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/26/20
Calls to Leupold receive at most a slight delay where the emails aren't answered for weeks. I verify the SN on each and every used Leupold I have an interest in buying.

Thanks, Dinny
PM sent to ask a question.
Other tip offs that it is fake: The gold ring looks a bit too shiny, it should be matte and the lettering on the gold ring should be black on a black Leupold.

But seriously, it’s almost unbelievable that some jackass in China would go to all that trouble to make these fake Leupolds that look so close to the real thing, and yet they would make seriously lame mistakes like the serial number being on the corner like that.
I've sent emails to Ebay notifying them about the fake scope for sale and they take no action. Seems like they don't care one bit about having this fake merchandise for sale on their site.
Thank-you for posting this info. guys. I've never run across one either and would be taken in that I had the real thing. The 24hr. crew is always the best for this stuff and willing to share knowledge. I appreciate it.
Posted By: rmb721 Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/26/20
If you want to see a counterfeit Leupold that is on e-bay now, here is the item number: 303577352116

On this scope, is VX-2 on the turret and VX-II on the objective bell.

Turret caps are too high.

Leupolds don't come with rings.

I sent the seller and e-bay a message that it is a fake and it is still posted.

Another counterfeit on e-bay: item number: 174294929508

This VX-III has a Y suffix (2013) Last year for VX-III was 2009
The variable power screw is the dead give away,Counterfeit scope have a rough finish,The real Leupold has a smooth finished out screw,Also on the Vi3 the adjustment dial indicator is a sticker rather that a ceramic looking dial on the real Leupold
And also the owners manual that comes in the fake Leupold boxes does not have a Leupold address on it anywhere,
Posted By: Cheesy Re: FS: Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 - 05/26/20
I'm in a chat with ebay now about it telling them its a scam. They're more concerned about my name so they can have a record of who reported it than that it is a scam. Kind of fun to screw with them.
© 24hourcampfire