Home
It is with mixed feelings that I am selling my Montana. It is a fantastic rifle....almost jewel like. As much as I wanted to, I just could not get comfortable behind it compared to the heavier weight rifles I am accustom to. As a result I am moving her along to pick up something with just a bit more heft.

I am the second owner. The rifle is in excellent overall condition. I performed some of the common/standard "Montana Tinkering" steps. I relieved the mag box of any tension between it and the action so it "floats". I also checked the front action screw and front scope base screw lengths to ensure they can be properly torqued.

There are two very faint rub marks on the barrel compliments of my gun rack, as well as a small "dab" of what looks like a bit of clear epoxy compliments of the original owner (see pics). There is not a mark on her besides those (3) imperfections. The stock has been painted and in my opinion is very well done.

Included in the sale is the rifle, muzzle brake, thread protector, scope mounts, and original box. The scope is not included.

* Kimber Montana chambered in 280AI
* Kimber factory muzzle brake
* Talley LW mounts (30mm, medium height)

Sale Price = $945 shipped to conus.

Thanks for looking.

Attached picture IMG_8361.jpg
Attached picture IMG_8360.jpg
Additional pics...

Attached picture IMG_8359.jpg
Attached picture IMG_8350.jpg
Barrel rub marks.....

Attached picture IMG_8340.jpg
Attached picture IMG_8341.jpg
Epoxy "dab"....does not impact the mating of the action to the stock or barrel free float....

Attached picture IMG_8339.jpg

Very nine, glwys.
ttt...
Target pictures?
Reduced to....$920 shipped.....

I didn't invest time in load development. I ran some Hornady 162ELDX and Nosler 140 gr Accubonds. Without hand-load development accuracy hovered around 1 MOA +/-......

Round Count: The original owner claimed to have never fired a round. I did not keep an exact log, but 50 would be a conservative number for the rounds I sent down the tube.

Attached picture IMG_7505.jpg
Nice rifle at a great price!
Are the Montana’s removable muzzle breaks?

Bump
Not the seller, but yes they are removable.
Originally Posted by Southtex

Included in the sale is the rifle, muzzle brake, thread protector, scope mounts, and original box. The scope is not included.

That's a useful clue.
[Linked Image]Adding some pics that have been requested by several members...Barrel to channel alignment/centering...

Also found another gun rack rub when taking additional pics. With the silver finish and stainless barrel they don't jump out at you until the right light hits them. Sorry for not including this one earlier.....

Attached picture IMG_8374.jpg
Attached picture IMG_8377.jpg
Bolt face pics....

Attached picture IMG_8379.jpg
Attached picture IMG_8380.jpg
following
SPF
Oh, thank Christ. I was really running out of will power.
© 24hourcampfire