Home
Posted By: TimberRunner Helice - 06/26/20
Any of you experienced gunners shooting any helice? A local club (1 hr away) opened up a stand for it. I'm excited to try it. Think it will match my shooting style. Probably just humble me.
Posted By: battue Re: Helice - 06/29/20
Since no replies so far, I’ll add this...have shot it a couple times and it is challenging. Tight choke and a good point is your friend. If the cap falls out of the ring, a chip means nothing..Fun game for a quick and accurate pointer.

Place in Eastern Pa throws tournaments.
Posted By: jimdgc Re: Helice - 06/29/20
I’ve been around a lot of Helice shooting. The new self loading machines with voice release make it practical for a club to set up a ring. Shot the early ZZ birds back in the 80’s when the wings were metal with a plastic cap. Was pretty slow when runners had to reload machines after every third shot. Not so with the new equipment.
Posted By: battue Re: Helice - 06/29/20
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Helice - 06/30/20
Battue, you in that video?

Can't wait to try it.
Posted By: battue Re: Helice - 06/30/20
No, just put it up for those who don't know about Helice....However, you perked my interest and I may go and shoot it....Sounds like a plan grin
Posted By: battue Re: Helice - 06/30/20
An FYI:

The Penna and United States helice championship is July25 and 26 at Keystone Shooting Park in Dalmatia, Pa.

30 spots available for both.
Posted By: JBB111 Re: Helice - 07/01/20
I have tried it and if it was local to me that's all I'd shoot. Had a ball, 30 mph winds the day I shot it and still loved it.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Helice - 07/24/20
Helice is a lot of fun. But expensive and not a lot of clubs offer it.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Helice - 08/07/20
I'm going to shoot a "race" in a few weeks. Looking forward to it.
© 24hourcampfire