Home
From dove, squirrel & rabbits to waterfowl ( rare ), and turkey to deer with buckshot ( you can hunt ground level with buckshot )?

I would like to keep it <$1700.

I have a Benelli M4 that is extremely accurate with slugs and a 12ga. Browning Citori White Lightning ( I have not shot )

Top of my list, for no other reason than they seem to be quality semis, Beretta A400, Browning A5, Benelli SBE 3, and the Benelli Montefeltro.

Available in walnut is a big plus. Also, I prefer nothing manufactured in Turkey.
https://www.beretta.com/en-us/a400-xtreme-unico-camo-max5/
Benelli M2...
I like the Benelli Montefeltro 12 a lot. Handles very well, is as light as I want a 12 (6 1/2#). Thought I wanted a 28” barrel, but the dealer mistakenly sent a 26”. I’m glad for the screw up, as it’s dynamics are just right.

I found a long time ago that a very light shotgun is a demanding mistress. Hard to manage.
M2..
M2
I would also recommend an M2 but you said you would rather have wood/blue so a Montefeltro is your huckleberry πŸ‘..Good hunting.....Hb

Fantastic gun. Eats everything, shoots soft and has a nice, grippy stock.
I ordered a 12ga, 26", satin walnut, Benelli Montefeltro
Originally Posted by mp44

Great choice !!
Originally Posted by mp44

An excellent choice πŸ‘πŸ‘......Enjoy!...Hb
Thanks!!

It is a good choice. Easy takedown and cleaning mostly because it’s an inertia-operated action and not a heavier, more complicated gas-operated action. Even a Red Green type can strip and clean it right down to the guts.
Excellent upland guns and can be pressed into other service admirably.
Its a toss up between the Benelli M2 and the Browning A5 for me.

I have had a pair of SBE's, and let them go in favor of a 3" gun. For me, I just dont need the 3.5" chamber.

If i had to choose, it would be the browning.

Girsan MC312. You won't be sorry. I have one. Read the reviews.
Been shooting that Montefeltro any? Just curious how you like it
Originally Posted by JJWise
Been shooting that Montefeltro any? Just curious how you like it

No, not yet.
A Beretta A300 or A400 would be my first choice.

2nd would be a Winchester SX3 or SX4. I’d take a good used Beretta 390 over anything. I have two and would never part with either.
In my opinion there are only two choices in the semi-auto offerings to consider. Yes I realize I just pissed off half the readers because their brand will not be mentioned. If you want a flawless repeater and are not bothered by any amount of recoil, buy the Benelli. If you want a slightly softer recoiling semi-auto shotgun with the same level of functional reliability, buy the Beretta. And yes I have both and have shot many others. Most of my family started out shooting the Beretta semi-autos in competition. My in-laws mainly picked the Benelli for hunting. Flame on. .
© 24hourcampfire