Home
My boy and I went & picked up his 8th grade Graduation/Confirmation present yesterday evening that the wife & I got for him. I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited for him! He has decided to join the high school Trap Shooting team and has begun practicing with them and next weekend he will shoot his 1st competition with them. I hope he can excel at the sport and build friendships with a great group of kids who all share a passion for the shooting sports. He sat in his room last night and practiced putting it together & breaking it down so he can do it quickly. I love that he’s excited! Proud poppa here! I grabbed a shell catcher for it and also a + 2” IM choke for it and threw those on for him and plan to leave it alone otherwise. Weather is crappy here today but tomorrow is going to be nice ... can’t wait to watch him shoot it for the 1st time!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Wow! Congratulations to your boy. We will likely pass on that Beretta to one of his kids. Is it customary to do Confirmation in the 8th grade in your area? We usually do it at the end of their 6th grade year.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Is it customary to do Confirmation in the 8th grade in your area? We usually do it at the end of their 6th grade year.

Yes. They use to combine both the 7th & 8th grades and have a confirmation every other year but a few years ago they switched to 8th graders only and having a confirmation every year.
make sure you take the shell catcher off when shooting doubles. smile
WELL DONE MOM AND DAD, WELL DONE!!! Proud of all three of you and wishing your son the best. Doing the same with my 12 year old daughter.
Nice......BTW.....that's a long azz choke tube in the barrel?
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Nice......BTW.....that's a long azz choke tube in the barrel?

Yeah I’d like to have him shoot some paper so we can compare it to the standard length ones that came with the gun and see if there’s a difference or not. It is a + 2” choke tube made by Beretta.
Great gift, love the Beretta!
good for mom & dad . great for your son
I wish him the best with it!
© 24hourcampfire